Welcome to the Uber Forum!

Welcome to one of the best resources on Transportation Network Companies (TNCs)! Uber Forum is an independent and unbiased resource to discuss Uber, Lyft, Postmates, Instacart, Favor, Deliv, DoorDash and more! Uber Forum has over 4,000+ members and 100,000+ posts! Please join the Uber Forum community by signing up today! Registration is FREE and will enable you to post messages. We can't wait to see you online! :)

700 Uber drivers could be fired under new bill in New York City

Discussion in 'New York City' started by Dreamer, Jul 13, 2015.

Uber Driver Promo Code | Lyft Driver Promo Code

1. Dreamer

Dreamer
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Hundreds of Uber drivers could soon be kicked to the curb — and it’ll be the city’s fault, the company charged Sunday.

A City Council bill aimed at capping the number of for-hire licenses allows Uber to add just 200 cars over the next year — and could force it to retroactively ax about 700 drivers who received their licenses after a mandated June 15 cutoff date, the company said.

“I basically just started and … now you want to just leave me jobless after a month?” griped driver Carroll Zarza, a 25-year-old mom of two daughters who started driving for Uber after the deadline. “I haven’t even got back everything that I invested just to start.”

Zarza said she’s paid more than $3,000 between licence fees and insurance just to get rolling — much of which she had to borrow from family and friends.

Driver Jose Peralta said he also got the green light to drive with Uber after the cutoff date and even quit his job as an officer for Animal Care and Control just one day before finding out his job may be in jeopardy.

“I’m really worried,” said Peralta, who also works part-time as a Fed Ex deliveryman.

More..

2. Harry Flashman

Harry Flashman
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Australia
    To maximize earnings and to provide a safe enviroment the number of uber x cars must be regulated. This shows that once again travis has no respect for drivers or their incomes.

UberRidiculous likes this.
  3. Steven goldman

Steven goldman
    Expand Collapse

United States
    Yo many cooks in the kitchen

Lidman and UberRidiculous like this.
  4. Harry Flashman

Harry Flashman
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Australia
    But travis would love a car on every corner and with driverless cars he will have