Welcome to the Uber Forum!

Welcome to one of the best resources on Transportation Network Companies (TNCs)! Uber Forum is an independent and unbiased resource to discuss Uber, Lyft, Postmates, Instacart, Favor, Deliv, DoorDash and more! Uber Forum has over 4,000+ members and 100,000+ posts! Please join the Uber Forum community by signing up today! Registration is FREE and will enable you to post messages. We can't wait to see you online! :)

Accept your next Uber trip request even when you're already on a trip.

Discussion in 'Uber Drivers Forum' started by Dreamer, Jul 13, 2015.

Uber Driver Promo Code | Lyft Driver Promo Code

1. Dreamer

Dreamer
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Got an email update from Uber.

An exciting update to trip requests is coming, designed to help you complete more trips and increase earnings. Starting today, you can accept your next trip request even when you're already on a trip.

How It Works

Now you’ll get requests for trips that start nearby your current rider's dropoff location before the trip is over. Skip the wait and accept upcoming trips so you can go straight to your next ride.

How It Looks
    While on a trip, you’ll get a notification to accept your next request. After accepting, the screen will go back to the current trip to help avoid confusion.

FAQ
    Why the change?
    This update to trip requests is expected to drastically lower ETAs for riders and partners alike. Riders will enjoy quicker pickups, increasing ratings, and partners won’t have to drive as long to their pick-ups.
    How do I start getting requests before my trip is over?
    As long as you or the rider has entered the destination into the Uber app, we will automatically look for requests near your rider’s dropoff location.
    What if my current rider wants to make multiple stops?
    If the rider has already entered their destination upon request, kindly confirm with them if it is their final destination. If not, you may change the destination in the Uber app to the final destination so you are less likely to receive your next request too early.
    Is this uberPOOL?
    No. The two riders will never be in your vehicle at the same time.
    Will the next rider know that I’m on my way to them?
    Yes. The next rider will see a popup in the rider app stating that the closest vehicle for them is completing another trip nearby, and we will also show the first drop-off point on the map for clarification.
    Can I opt-out of receiving requests like this?
    At this time we are unable to opt-out partners individually from this change.
    Why can’t I see the next rider’s information before accepting my next trip?
    You will be able to see this information after the next Uber Partner app update in the coming weeks.

2. Throckmorton Subterfuge

Throckmorton Subterfuge
    Expand Collapse

United States
    THIS MAY BE TOO LITTLE TOO
    late for Many Drivers. Of course
    even THIS Update awaits an up-
    date. The ONLY WAY to rescue
    the Meteoric Plunge/Race to the
    Bottom is to RaiseRates immed-
    iately, if not sooner! A Thread
    viewed on PRK.net, based upon
    a Magazine Article that I will att-
    empt to Import, has a Truly Hor-
    rific series of Retweets from
    #[F]Uber PAX. Previously over-
    the-top Taxi Misadventures are
    EXCEEDED by more recent TNC
    Rides-gone-wrong! JEEPERS.

3. MileHighDriver

MileHighDriver
    Expand Collapse

I can't speak "officially" for Uber, nor is this forum authorized by Uber (and no, I am not an employee of Uber or "plant," on this or any other forum, and other than a contractor/driver and occasional passenger/customer, I have absolutely no affiliation with Uber) but here's my $.02....
    Interesting idea!
    I wonder how "close" to the destination you have to be in order to get the next ride (how often have passengers entered destination, then asked "Can we stop at the convenience store for smokes/condoms/snacks?"). That delay may force the 2nd customer to wait longer than originally expected.

Haven't received that email yet; wonder what markets they're introducing the feature?
    MHD

4. Throckmorton Subterfuge

Throckmorton Subterfuge
    Expand Collapse

United States
    In the Email that Cass got, RasierLLC virtually declared its
    Delta Status. If it was "in Beta"
    they wouldn't mention "needed
    features" already.

5. Harry Flashman

Harry Flashman
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Australia
    This just confirms to me that uberx is just another taxi service. This doesnt reduce waiting times, in fact it may increase waiting time for riders.

Draft saved Draft deleted