Welcome to the Uber Forum!

Welcome to one of the best resources on Transportation Network Companies (TNCs)! Uber Forum is an independent and unbiased resource to discuss Uber, Lyft, Postmates, Instacart, Favor, Deliv, DoorDash and more! Uber Forum has over 4,000+ members and 100,000+ posts! Please join the Uber Forum community by signing up today! Registration is FREE and will enable you to post messages. We can't wait to see you online! :)

Anyone use Wingz?

Discussion in 'General Rideshare Forum' started by Dreamer, Apr 15, 2015.

Uber Driver Promo Code | Lyft Driver Promo Code

1. Dreamer

Dreamer
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Wingz is a peer-to-peer marketplace that connects local drivers with travelers who schedule their private, fixed price rides to and from the airports.

https://wingz.me/

Anyone try it?

UberRidiculous likes this.
  2. Zoey

Zoey
    Expand Collapse

Hi Cass,

I use Wingz everytime I go to the airport. I started using Wingz to and from SFO and now they are opening in few airports. I love the service, is really easy to book and you know that you have a driver for you anytime. Most of the time as soon as I book my flight I book my Wingz right after. So far it is a great experience, alway on time and great communication between my driver and me. It is a relief , because when you travel you have so many things to think!

Should give a shot!

Dreamer and Milady de Winter like this.
  3. ThatOneATXchick

ThatOneATXchick
    Expand Collapse

United States
    They are operating 100% 'illegally' in Austin. If they are allowed to continue , then FINALLY the city's ground transportation regulation is DOA. Livery owners will have an ironclad legal challenge.

4. Lidman

Lidman
    Expand Collapse

So it's illegal to drive uberx in Austin? I always thought uber was above all laws.

5. ThatOneATXchick

ThatOneATXchick
    Expand Collapse

United States
    I was referring to Wingz

6. Milady de Winter

Milady de Winter
    Expand Collapse

Australia
    So whats the difference between wingz and uber? Pardon my ignorance please. Is wingz another mobile app ride service?

7. ThatOneATXchick

ThatOneATXchick
    Expand Collapse

United States
    Yes, and they take advance reservations; one of the few remaining "differences" used by our city (and others) to keep charging us fees, and holding us to archaic regulations.

8. SDUber

SDUber
    Expand Collapse

United States
    How about wingz as a driver, anyone have success with it?

UberRidiculous and Dreamer like this.
  9. steve mathew

steve mathew
    Expand Collapse

India
    well it is not a cab service but more of a smartphone car service similar to uber and lyft and sidecar.

The difference is that unlike the others which are realtime booking, one books wingz in advance and knows the driver's info -- can check rating before hand and can schedule pickup based on flight and other info (baggage claim etc). I use uber within SF and in other cities but now Wingz is my go to service for airport duties

If you are on a long flight you are better off taking a car service instead of BART and not bus but a cab as it is hard to take buses on a packed route to Lombard street. Shuttles will cost about 37-45 while wingz should be about that price and there is no surge pricing nor is there a tip to be added

The size of the car you get is based on the number of people and checked bags and that determines the price so expect to pay between 35- 46 for 3 people with 3 bags

I dont like shuttles as they wait until they are full and then weave through town before dropping you off and that could be a long drive. People think it is one way to see the city but after a flight i want to go to my room check in and not see the town with 10 other grumpy smelly people :)

UberRidiculous likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted