Welcome to the Uber Forum!

Welcome to one of the best resources on Transportation Network Companies (TNCs)! Uber Forum is an independent and unbiased resource to discuss Uber, Lyft, Postmates, Instacart, Favor, Deliv, DoorDash and more! Uber Forum has over 4,000+ members and 100,000+ posts! Please join the Uber Forum community by signing up today! Registration is FREE and will enable you to post messages. We can't wait to see you online! :)

App for Uber monitoring and notification

Discussion in 'Uber Riders Forum' started by H Gupta, Jul 20, 2015.

Uber Driver Promo Code | Lyft Driver Promo Code

1. H Gupta

H Gupta
    Expand Collapse

During low-supply periods, mostly peak hours or rainy days, got sick of constantly monitoring the Uber app for a decently-priced cab nearby, so wrote a small Android app to automate the process a bit. Posted it at https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.allanttech.myuber&hl=en in case anyone else finds it useful. Please note that this app has little utility in normal high-supply situations, or even low-supply ones which tend to drag on for hours (e.g. rainy days).

2. Dreamer

Dreamer
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

This is a great app, thanks for sharing H Gupta and welcome to the Uber Forum! How do I tab between surges? When I edit a number I can't seem to go to the next one. Thanks.

3. H Gupta

H Gupta
    Expand Collapse

Thank you Cass. You're right, the interface itself is not too intuitive right now and there's no easy way to tab between fields (except for pressing Back to hide the keyboard and then manually clicking on the next field). I learned just enough Android programming to get the basic functionality up-and-running, maybe I'll spend some effort on the UX too next.

Draft saved Draft deleted