Welcome to the Uber Forum!

Welcome to one of the best resources on Transportation Network Companies (TNCs)! Uber Forum is an independent and unbiased resource to discuss Uber, Lyft, Postmates, Instacart, Favor, Deliv, DoorDash and more! Uber Forum has over 4,000+ members and 100,000+ posts! Please join the Uber Forum community by signing up today! Registration is FREE and will enable you to post messages. We can't wait to see you online! :)

Beware! Lyft's cancellation fees have small print

Discussion in 'Lyft Drivers Forum' started by Juris, Mar 7, 2016.

Uber Driver Promo Code | Lyft Driver Promo Code

1. Juris

Juris
    Expand Collapse

United States
    Sharing my recent learning.
    We all know that if a passenger cancels the ride request more than 5 min after the ride was requested, the driver gets paid a $10 cancellation fee. Right? Maybe. And maybe not.
    Here is the small print: the driver has to arrive to the pick-up location within five minutes of Lyft's estimated time of arrival (the time Lyft app shows after the ride is accepted by the driver). Here is the caveat: (IMHO) Lyft's ETA does not consider the traffic; the ETA that the navigation app calculates is almost always longer (never shorter) than Lyft's, I've seen more than ten minute difference.
    Example: during a high traffic time, Lyft driver accepts a ride request; Lyft app gives ETA 10 minutes and Waze gives (a realistic) ETA 20 minutes. If the passenger cancels the ride in the 16th minute, the driver gets nothing as the arrival time has been more than 5 minutes later than Lyft's ETA.
    Happened to me several times. No good way to deal with it, I personally don't drive during the afternoon commute (stuck in traffic most of the time, multiple cancellations due to the delays and no cancellation fees). Or cancel the rides where the difference between Lyft's and navigation app's ETAs is too big. Or bite the bullet.

Draft saved Draft deleted