Welcome to the Uber Forum!

Welcome to one of the best resources on Transportation Network Companies (TNCs)! Uber Forum is an independent and unbiased resource to discuss Uber, Lyft, Postmates, Instacart, Favor, Deliv, DoorDash and more! Uber Forum has over 4,000+ members and 100,000+ posts! Please join the Uber Forum community by signing up today! Registration is FREE and will enable you to post messages. We can't wait to see you online! :)

Cancellations

Discussion in 'Lyft Drivers Forum' started by texaskdog, Dec 13, 2017.

Uber Driver Promo Code | Lyft Driver Promo Code

1. texaskdog

texaskdog
    Expand Collapse

United States
    Lyft recently changed the cancellation time from 5 minutes to 2 minutes. This is great because sometimes they send you requests when you just missed an exit when they beep in and by the time you have gone back the rider has cancelled. I heard that Lyft will cancel the ride on you and I did not believe it until yesterday when I sat in heavy traffic (it was about 10 minutes to go back) and just after I hit the turnaround they cancelled it ("ride canceled by Lyft") so I didn't get the $5 cancel fee and wasted about 10 minutes chasing the ride. I'd even called the guy asking him not to cancel that I was working my way back and he said it was fine. This happen to anyone else?

2. Uber_Rat

Uber_Rat
    Expand Collapse

Yes, if the ETA is going to be substantially longer than originally booked the ride could be canceled.

3. Ryguy22

Ryguy22
    Expand Collapse

United States
    It’s another poor glitch that Lyft hasn’t fixed. They will send you way out of the way just to get cancelled as you pull up. My advice is to push the arrived button when you’re close to the destination. This will guarantee you the ride. Plus most passengers aren’t waiting outside.

Draft saved Draft deleted