Welcome to the Uber Forum!

Welcome to one of the best resources on Transportation Network Companies (TNCs)! Uber Forum is an independent and unbiased resource to discuss Uber, Lyft, Postmates, Instacart, Favor, Deliv, DoorDash and more! Uber Forum has over 4,000+ members and 100,000+ posts! Please join the Uber Forum community by signing up today! Registration is FREE and will enable you to post messages. We can't wait to see you online! :)

cannot edit pickup location

Discussion in 'Uber Riders Forum' started by Rico J, Dec 31, 2016.

Uber Driver Promo Code | Lyft Driver Promo Code

1. Rico J

Rico J
    Expand Collapse

United States
    Hi, I do not have Uber where I live but use it when I am in other cities. I want to order an uber for someone in Los Angeles (I am in Oregon). Different instructions say to enter pickup location; to enter destination and then before hitting reserve it will allow to enter a pickup location; and others say to move the pin to the pickup location.

None of these options appear for me. When I open my app it asks for my destination. When I click in the box it shows the last destination I did use Uber for, but will not let me type a new one. Then a window pops up saying I do not have Uber available where I live. I've looked in the Settings but it seems like I can't edit a pickup location there either.

Does anybody know how to get around the GPS so I can put in a different pickup location?

Thanks! Rico
    ps I just figured out you have to turn it off in the phone settings and yes that worked! Thanks again

#1 Rico J, Dec 31, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2017
  2. Uber_Rat

Uber_Rat
    Expand Collapse

Have you tried turning off your location services?

The new version of the app asks for your destination before you select your pickup location.

3. Rico J

Rico J
    Expand Collapse

United States
    Thanks for the response! I just went into my settings and I do not have that option. I did however see that you can buy somebody a gift card so that is what I did. I checked out ordering an Uber for someone else 2 weeks ago and it was easy to put in a different pickup location. Now the option is gone. I don't know if it is because of the GPS "upgrade" or not. Seems like this is a very simple thing for Uber to be able to provide. Thanks again for your help :)

Draft saved Draft deleted