Welcome to the Uber Forum!

Welcome to one of the best resources on Transportation Network Companies (TNCs)! Uber Forum is an independent and unbiased resource to discuss Uber, Lyft, Postmates, Instacart, Favor, Deliv, DoorDash and more! Uber Forum has over 4,000+ members and 100,000+ posts! Please join the Uber Forum community by signing up today! Registration is FREE and will enable you to post messages. We can't wait to see you online! :)

cleaning fee request

Discussion in 'Uber Drivers Forum' started by rapalaman, Jul 20, 2015.

Uber Driver Promo Code | Lyft Driver Promo Code

1. rapalaman

rapalaman
    Expand Collapse

United States
    Hello,

Let me start by stating that uber support has usually been pretty quick and concise when responding to emails by me and I think they do a great job. What I dont understand is how a cleaning fee request I placed saturday night has not yet been processed or disbursed to me in my earnings page in the app.

I sent the pics (except for the outside of the car) to support when i made the cleaning fee request. On sunday afternoon, the day after the incident, I sent another request because I didn't get a confirmation that it was received. Then today I emailed support to confirm that the request was received. They responded and said it had been sent to the proper team and was being "...reviewed carefully [to] determine if a cleaning fee is necessary." Really? I drove home at 3AM with vomit in and on my vehicle from over an hour away, grabbed cleaning supplies, headed to the local quarter car wash for their vacuums and went to work. I know time is important in regard to the permanence of the smell. So around 5AM i went to bed with my car still reeking.

2 days later my car still has a faint smell of vomit and i even disassembled the door panel to clean inside of it. Why would they wait to reimburse me? Especially when I have missed out on 2 days of driving since this incident occurred... I really feel like uber support is lacking here. If I am missing something please explain it to me because I am feeling frustrated and burned by uber right now. :-/

*this is not intended to be a rant, and i realize I am more than a little jaded by this experience, I just want some answers. i have heard that others who requested cleaning fees this weekend have already been reimbursed for theirs... why would mine be left in the wind? damn i think driving for uber is done if they dont reimburse me, quickly.

2. rapalaman

rapalaman
    Expand Collapse

United States
    I am wondering if anyone else has experienced anything like this

3. MileHighDriver

MileHighDriver
    Expand Collapse

I can't speak "officially" for Uber, nor is this forum authorized by Uber (and no, I am not an employee of Uber or "plant," on this or any other forum, and other than a contractor/driver and occasional passenger/customer, I have absolutely no affiliation with Uber) but here's my $.02....
    I've only submitted cleaning charges 1x in almost 2 years of driving (I think I've been really lucky), especially since I typically drive Friday and Saturday nights. My incident occurred when the sheer number of drivers was much less than it is now, which may account for the delay in processing your claim.

I assume you provided a monetary value in conjunction with the pictures you sent? I don't know if they will simply come up with a figure to reimburse you without having some idea of the direct costs you incurred (not stating that your time, in and of itself, isn't valuable).

$.02
    MHD

4. Harry Flashman

Harry Flashman
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Australia
    Hi @rapalaman, welcome to the forum. Cant really give you much more advice on getting yor cleaning fee tham MHD has already.

Has the smell gone from your car yet? If not you are probably going to have to get it professionally done.

please let us know how you get on with uber, and maybe some of our members can give you some helpful advice.

Draft saved Draft deleted