Welcome to the Uber Forum!

Welcome to one of the best resources on Transportation Network Companies (TNCs)! Uber Forum is an independent and unbiased resource to discuss Uber, Lyft, Postmates, Instacart, Favor, Deliv, DoorDash and more! Uber Forum has over 4,000+ members and 100,000+ posts! Please join the Uber Forum community by signing up today! Registration is FREE and will enable you to post messages. We can't wait to see you online! :)

Domain registrant

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Instyle, Nov 2, 2015.

Uber Driver Promo Code | Lyft Driver Promo Code

1. Instyle

Instyle
    Expand Collapse

Can anyone offer any insight as to why this address appears as the registered address for so many websites?

Suite 111, 14747 N Northsight Blvd, Scottsdale, AZ 85260, USA

2. Instyle

Instyle
    Expand Collapse

Feel free to delete post I just worked it out or leave it for those curious on the title. It's an identification masking service so website owners can remain anonymous.

@Harry Flashman can you confirm UF really is independent from TNC's and App based transportation connecting services such as Uber/Lyft?

Dreamer likes this.
  3. Harry Flashman

Harry Flashman
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Australia
    @Instyle This forum operates completely independantly of any TNC as far as I am aware. What @Dreamer has started is a forum where everyone is welcome to come and express and discuss anything regarding TNCs. We also have a good joke thread.

You will also notice that the addy @Dreamer actively posts here and is very approachable and helpful.

ClevelandUberRider and Dreamer like this.
  4. Dreamer

Dreamer
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Harry!

Yes, the Uber Forum is 100% independent. We are easy going and a likable bunch. We hope to see you @Instyle around more! :)

Go Daddy offers that as a protection for WHOIS. Protects name, address, phone, etc. against spammers etc.

Cheers!

ClevelandUberRider likes this.
  5. ClevelandUberRider

ClevelandUberRider
    Expand Collapse

Hi Dreamer. So is UF a sister site to UP? They seem to be very similar in the look of the platform and user interface.

If they are indeed sister sites, are they made to compete against each other or are they colluding as a duopoly that act more like a monopoly by putting most volunteer personnel into one and under-invest in the other?

6. ClevelandUberRider

ClevelandUberRider
    Expand Collapse

My post from UP about two of their old school diehards which I am very scared of potentially snapping and trying to commit crimes of bodily harm against other users who don't agree with them:

Marlan, I was [simply] asking you a question (I ended my question with a question mark), just to learn from you to see if something I have heard from a less reliable, always-complaining, always-bitter driver was indeed true. That grumpy old man, perhaps having grown up and still hanging around similarly-closed-minded people who only open their mouth when they want to exert power over another, mistakenly thought my asking a question was actually giving you advice! Oh my!

I was trying to find out if Marlan was doing what that grumpy old man was doing (cancel) or just letting pings expire (it seems like the latter) and find out which approach is better. Some people have very short memory (Alzheimer's?)--read the posts on Cleveland's threads and see my views of Marlan yourself!

I have already stopped directly responding to his rants beginning this morning. Reading the news of mass murders shows that it is increasingly carried out by people like him--people who used to have social and economic positions but at their age right now they suddenly realized the changing world has left them behind and the fact that they can't fully understand and explain what is happening around them in the society they live in plus the economic situation they are in combined to make them frustrated and bitter, and sometimes they snap--look at the most recent few cases of mass murders in the past one year.

Draft saved Draft deleted