Welcome to the Uber Forum!

Welcome to one of the best resources on Transportation Network Companies (TNCs)! Uber Forum is an independent and unbiased resource to discuss Uber, Lyft, Postmates, Instacart, Favor, Deliv, DoorDash and more! Uber Forum has over 4,000+ members and 100,000+ posts! Please join the Uber Forum community by signing up today! Registration is FREE and will enable you to post messages. We can't wait to see you online! :)

Driver quadrupled the ride fare.

Discussion in 'Uber Riders Forum' started by Cv84, Feb 21, 2018.

Uber Driver Promo Code | Lyft Driver Promo Code

1. Cv84

Cv84
    Expand Collapse

United States
    I took a trip on a Tuesday afternoon with a fare of $10.80. Wednesdsy morning I went to request the reverse trip and was notified I had an outstanding balance of $40. The fare was adjusted from $10.80 to $50.80 without an email notice stating an explanation. No emails about a cleaning fee or other miscellaneous fees. Here are a few things you should know....

1. I've taken this same trip between two locations about 40 times (the same direct route 100% of the rides).

2. Each time my ride fare is between $10 and $12 before tip.

3. Ride is usually 3.75 miles and 7 to 10 minutes long. Same passenger each time. 5 star rider rating.

4. Ride times are week days around 8am and 3:15pm.

I'm not understanding why it was adjusted to the equivalent of 4 of my usual Uber rides. I have used the Help feature in the app and have yet to hear anything in the last 6 hours. I can not request another ride unless the $40 is paid first. I refuse. What do you think is going on here? The ride was normal as any other day and the receipt for the ride still shows $10.80 without a new one for $50.80. Do you think the driver is trying to get over on me? Is this common? Do you think Uber will have my back?

2. Uber_Rat

Uber_Rat
    Expand Collapse

Drivers can't directly affect how much your charged. They can apply to Uber to have a fare adjusted or cleaning fee assessed. Both of those will result in an email telling you how much and why you were charged. Since the ride still shows the appropriate rate, you were probably charged for some other reason. Did you order and cancel a ride? Uber will "hold" funds even for a cancelled ride for days sometimes.

Draft saved Draft deleted