Welcome to the Uber Forum!

Welcome to one of the best resources on Transportation Network Companies (TNCs)! Uber Forum is an independent and unbiased resource to discuss Uber, Lyft, Postmates, Instacart, Favor, Deliv, DoorDash and more! Uber Forum has over 4,000+ members and 100,000+ posts! Please join the Uber Forum community by signing up today! Registration is FREE and will enable you to post messages. We can't wait to see you online! :)

Express Drive Confusion...

Discussion in 'Lyft Drivers Forum' started by Abysha, Jul 23, 2017.

Uber Driver Promo Code | Lyft Driver Promo Code

1. Abysha

Abysha
    Expand Collapse

United States
    Hey everybody! Brand new to this forum but I have a question. I've searched and could not find any answers yet.

I signed up and put my deposit down for Lyft's rental program through Hertz (Portland, OR). A couple of weeks went by with me checking every day and there were never any cars available. Last week, it said one was available and I reserved it, requiring me to pick it up on Thursday.

I went and did the on-boarding and was told that there is a 20 ride per week minimum to stay eligible for the program and I let him know that I hadn't arranged daycare or anything for this week so I wouldn't be able to drive until Monday. He said that all I have to do is just get one ride in before 5am Monday so my account would be "activated" and to not worry about the 20 until next week (when I will be driving full-time).

Then on Thursday, I picked up the car. Before I drove off, I asked at the last minute about what the on-boarding representative told me and she said he was wrong. She said it would be prorated but couldn't tell me if that meant starting that night, the next day, or whatever. She guessed about 12. I was obviously frustrated because I wouldn't have picked up the car had I known that and she wasn't even sure.

So fast forward to tonight and it turns out I indeed cannot find daycare and I am still unclear what I need to do tonight to stay eligible since none of the offices are open. I emailed Lyft support and he said he was not allowed to discuss it and referred me to the Express Drive folk (who I can't contact).

So my question is for people who use Express Drive. During your first week, what were you told? For me, according to what I've been told, I need anywhere from 1 to 12 rides before 4:59 tomorrow morning. It's not in any documentation online or in what they gave me.

Was the on-boarding representative correct about the first week?

Draft saved Draft deleted