Welcome to the Uber Forum!

Welcome to one of the best resources on Transportation Network Companies (TNCs)! Uber Forum is an independent and unbiased resource to discuss Uber, Lyft, Postmates, Instacart, Favor, Deliv, DoorDash and more! Uber Forum has over 4,000+ members and 100,000+ posts! Please join the Uber Forum community by signing up today! Registration is FREE and will enable you to post messages. We can't wait to see you online! :)

Feedback

Discussion in 'Uber Drivers Forum' started by UberusMaximus, Jul 19, 2015.

Uber Driver Promo Code | Lyft Driver Promo Code

1. UberusMaximus

UberusMaximus
    Expand Collapse

I would really like to see the comments people leave as to improve customer service.

2. Throckmorton Subterfuge

Throckmorton Subterfuge
    Expand Collapse

United States
    No more weekly, or at
    least Monthly collections of Quotes? Which City
    are You#[F]Ubering in?

UberRidiculous likes this.
  3. UberusMaximus

UberusMaximus
    Expand Collapse

Houston now. When I was in austin, they would give me a few. Now I have no idea what people actually think.

4. RonT

RonT
    Expand Collapse

United States
    I'm from Orlando FL and that would be a cool feature to see also especially with all the different travelers we get here!

5. Lidman

Lidman
    Expand Collapse

Welcome to the Forum RonT.

UberRidiculous and RonT like this.
  6. RonT

RonT
    Expand Collapse

United States
    Thanks

7. MileHighDriver

MileHighDriver
    Expand Collapse

I can't speak "officially" for Uber, nor is this forum authorized by Uber (and no, I am not an employee of Uber or "plant," on this or any other forum, and other than a contractor/driver and occasional passenger/customer, I have absolutely no affiliation with Uber) but here's my $.02....
    So would I. I like getting the positive "strokes" from anyone, be it my passengers, or managers/co-workers on my "other," job. Sometimes the weekly recap I receive has those positive comments, most of the time the recap has nothing (and I can't believe my passengers aren't commenting).

On the rare occasion that my weekly rating is "below average," the generic "here's what riders in your city are saying," with a canned list of complaints really isn't that helpful. I know my car is clean and my breath is minty-fresh, I know my way around the city so that I don't have to use GPS for most of my trips (except to verify directions on longer trips with multiple routes or to maneuver around some of the residential developments) and so on.

I suppose that Uber doesn't provide specific (especially negative) comments is to prevent possible retaliation by drivers against the passenger.

When I first started driving (2nd or 3rd day), I had a passenger get very upset with me because she wanted me to change her CC from her personal card to her corporate card so she could easily expense the trip. I wasn't sure she could change the card mid-trip [which I later found out that the CC can be changed to another CC # as long as the trip hadn't ended], I wasn't that familiar with the rider app to give her explicit instructions on changing the CC for the trip and I wasn't going to get to her destination, let the meter continue to run, "hunt/peck" through her phone/rider app and enter her CC on her phone (I wanted no exposure to her CC number).

I contacted support, provided the trip # and explained the situation. Support person stated that I "did the right thing with a difficult passenger," and that passenger had not rated/commented on the ride at all. That made this newbie feel much better.
    $.02
    MHD

#7 MileHighDriver, Jul 20, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2015
  8. Harry Flashman

Harry Flashman
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Australia
    welcome to the forum @RonT

9. RonT

RonT
    Expand Collapse

United States
    Thanks

10. Throckmorton Subterfuge

Throckmorton Subterfuge
    Expand Collapse

United States
    @Uberus Maximus: It's helpful for Visitors
    AND NUberers to know which City & State
    that You're driving in. Could You please add that to Your Profile ?

BTW: "Ahoy!" and Welcome to UF.com.

11. Throckmorton Subterfuge

Throckmorton Subterfuge
    Expand Collapse

United States
    @RonT: "Ahoy!" and Welcome to UF.com.
    Please be kind enough to add City & State
    to Your Profile. It helps builds
    Community. Thanks.

12. ClevelandUberRider

ClevelandUberRider
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for sharing that rare experience. I haven't started driving yet, but I would say given how sloppy people in general are, if I have driven say 500 times, one or two occasions like the one you described would have come up easily like what you have just mentioned, given that I will likely be focusing on business people taking TNC rides on business (I will be focusing on them because I think they are on average more professional, cleaner, more well-spoken, less likely to dirty or create a mess in my car, etc.). Most frequent business travelers would not have problems like that. The issue you shared was most likely a first time or inexperienced worker on business paid-for trip for the first time or on one of the first five to ten business trips or so. As a rider myself there has never been the need to change CC mid-trip. But from reading your post I am now prepared to handle this kind of rare situation. Thank you!

13. MileHighDriver

MileHighDriver
    Expand Collapse

You're very welcome.

Uber has (maybe they've always had) the ability to put more than one CC on the passenger account and (at least when I used this feature last summer while traveling on business), the rider selects which CC to use for the trip and (assume) the choice can be changed mid-trip.

In the specific situation I described earlier, the passenger had left a sporting event where everything (tickets, food, booze) had been paid for by the employer and in her somewhat inebriated state was insisting that I change the card.

In my 2.5+years of driving, there's no guarantee that you will have a business traveler vs. an individual likely to puke or trash your car. I've had drunk people get into my car at 4:00 in the morning (ideal time for business travelers to head to the airport) and people flying out of town for business at midnight.

$.02
    MHD

ClevelandUberRider likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted