Welcome to the Uber Forum!

Welcome to one of the best resources on Transportation Network Companies (TNCs)! Uber Forum is an independent and unbiased resource to discuss Uber, Lyft, Postmates, Instacart, Favor, Deliv, DoorDash and more! Uber Forum has over 3,000+ members and 100,000+ posts! Please join the Uber Forum community by signing up today! Registration is FREE and will enable you to post messages. We can't wait to see you online! :)

Finally real ridesharing

Discussion in 'Uber Drivers Forum' started by Harry Flashman, Nov 17, 2015.

Uber Driver Promo Code | Lyft Driver Promo Code

1. Harry Flashman

Harry Flashman
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Australia
    and i have not called you any names.

Chi1Abbie likes this.
  2. Lidman

Lidman
    Expand Collapse

We need driverj's input on this. lolkol,

MileHighDriver and Chi1Abbie like this.
  3. ClevelandUberRider

ClevelandUberRider
    Expand Collapse

That is just an excuse--do what most people do: look at the poster's name, and immediately either read (if you like that person) or move to the next post regardless of how long that post is. If there are five posts by ABC and you don't like ABC, it takes no more than 2 and a half seconds to ignore those five posts, so why spend minutes reading his or her five posts?

4. Lidman

Lidman
    Expand Collapse

I do that but I keep seeing your screen name on most of the posts long or short. I'll try to scroll down a little faster bettering my chances of seeing someone elses posts.

5. ClevelandUberRider

ClevelandUberRider
    Expand Collapse

Drivers, first time drivers, non-drivers, passengers. Anybody who wants to weigh in on issues, we should welcome them. It helps if we have 50:50 balance on this, hitting back and forth, because in civil discourse, the arguments that make more sense will win out in the long run. It is when people start calling people names (look at North Korea, Travis haters always try to shut out anyone who is not Travis haters it is beyond ridiculous, and then you also have several pro-Uber posters there who I suspect are not trying to educate or convince people but actually revel in hurting the e options of Uber drivers. I am not out to hurt Uber drivers in anyway. On the contrary, I am trying to help Uber drivers. I sincerely think the best way for Uber drivers to improve their lot, with or without Uber, is to learn to play their cards better. I think complaining incessantly will not better one's lot as much as if one puts his/her time into doing something else more productive. For example, when one suggests there are ways smart drivers can make money, Uber drivers who want to make money will try to see if it is true, and if so, try to learn from it. But some (but not all) cab drivers will have none of this--because anytime an Uber driver does well, that probably means hurting cab drivers. So when one posts rationally in the two Koreas, one is being opposed by two big camps, cab drivers and Uber drivers who prefer to complain---sometimes it is hard to tell these two groups apart because some former or current cab drivers posts as complaining Uber drivers. In politics, most politicians choose the best surviving mode--pick one side and stick with it, damn the rational thinking and any wisdom! Because, mostly, the common folks do not support one due to his or her reasoning, but due to the fact that he/she is taking the same position as that person's. So, when people blame politicians for being crazy, irrational, I say, look in the mirror first. Do you support reasons or positions? When people say fast food is bad and crazy and killing our nation's health, I am like look in the mirror first. A lot of people like to be holier than thou, like to finger point. But they are the ones that have brought us the current mess. Like in UP, they like to attack millennials of being entitled. Our country's national debts are going to be inherit acted npby the millennials because the finger-pointing baby boomers have for four decades been voting for more spending and less revenues for the government. They want to pay less taxes, but enjoy more give benefits. You can't have it both ways. And they blame the millennials for being entitled.

6. ClevelandUberRider

ClevelandUberRider
    Expand Collapse

Actually in 95% of the threads I am the only one helping to increase the word count for this website. So, you can easily skip 95% of the threads, spending zero time on 95% of the threads, and you will still not miss any Travis-bashing, Uber-hating rants from cab and TNC drivers.

7. Chi1Abbie

Chi1Abbie
    Expand Collapse

United States
    Sounds like you have a man-crush on Travis. Come on admit it! We won't hold it against you.

8. Lidman

Lidman
    Expand Collapse

Or maybe Bostonbarry.

9. ClevelandUberRider

ClevelandUberRider
    Expand Collapse

I have a man crush on Peter Thiel, Tom Cruise, Sir Richard Branson, Daniel Day Lewis, William Gates III, Zuck, Johnny Depp, Jack Bauer, Indiana Jones, and many others, in that order. I doubt that Travis is in the top twenty (Travis is too average in intelligence and class, and too forgettable in looks).

#49 ClevelandUberRider, Feb 23, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2016
  10. ClevelandUberRider

ClevelandUberRider
    Expand Collapse

Boston Barry is very attractive in one manner--being a common man, he makes the most out of his life. He is wise, he plans to succeed, he writes well, and he is a decent man who practices the Golden rule each and every day. He treats each of his passengers equally, and that is with respect without expecting a tip. Drivers like these receive the most tips in the world, as his tips history has shown. Tippers love to generously tip those who provide exemplary service from their hearts, and all tippers can tell these service providers apart from the rest, i.e., from the ones working merely for tips, because the latter' demeanor is not genuine.

If any city, any society, any country wants to get ahead, it needs its citizens to help themselves, to improve themselves, to learn, to work hard and to make the most of one's life. The majority of the people, the country, need a role model like Boston Barry. A regular Joe making the most and the best out of his life. God gave us all unique abilities. Use them. Don't waste it on complaining!

#50 ClevelandUberRider, Feb 23, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2016
  11. bkstoja

bkstoja
    Expand Collapse

United States
    Simple math for or against being a partner with Uber
    In Las Vegas the cost per mile is $1.10; out of this Uber gets 25% or $0.275. The IRS recognizes as business expense $0.54 per mile for using your car. So we have 1.10 - 0.275 - 0.54 = $0.285 per mile is what the partner makes.
    So how many miles a driver should do in order to make $100? 100/.285 = 350.88 miles
    If the average city's speed limit is 35 miles per hour the driver needs to drive ten hours to make $100. And this is based on having a paying client all the time.
    Add (subtract) the cost of business license, IRS taxes and you get the picture.

12. Aone

Aone
    Expand Collapse

United States
    Well it shows you have nothing better to do with your life other than post.
    I drive for Uber and own a small business.
    do i like the driving yep i do.
    do i agree with the actual payout no i don't but for now reality kicks in and something is better than nothing.
    is this my future?nope this is a quick fix to pay bills and grow my main income business.

MileHighDriver and Clt Lyft Girl like this.
  13. Uber_Rat

Uber_Rat
    Expand Collapse

Someone needs a lesson in math. Just because there is a deduction doesn't mean that you earn less money. It just means that less of those earnings are taxed. This actually means you make more profit since they are only taxing $0.56 of each mile instead of $1.10.

If you dislike driving for Uber, then don't. For those of us who continue to drive for Uber, it's our choice.

MileHighDriver likes this.
  14. new_ub_ly

new_ub_ly
    Expand Collapse

United States
    Juno start doing advance registration for many cityand 10.5% commission from driver. I heard from NY drivers that they are good .

Go to gojuno.com/ref and you can select which city you planning to drive .

Code: 2289-301

15. work mak

work mak
    Expand Collapse

India
    Uber’s innovative business model makes it possible for users to simply tap their devices and have a cab arrive straight to their doorstep or desired location in minimum possible time. If you want to develop app like uber and some extra interesting feature I recommend you Elluminati Inc

Draft saved Draft deleted