Welcome to the Uber Forum!

Welcome to one of the best resources on Transportation Network Companies (TNCs)! Uber Forum is an independent and unbiased resource to discuss Uber, Lyft, Postmates, Instacart, Favor, Deliv, DoorDash and more! Uber Forum has over 4,000+ members and 100,000+ posts! Please join the Uber Forum community by signing up today! Registration is FREE and will enable you to post messages. We can't wait to see you online! :)

Get better Uber rating for drivers

Discussion in 'Uber Drivers Forum' started by lisa, Jan 25, 2015.

Uber Driver Promo Code | Lyft Driver Promo Code

1. lisa

lisa
    Expand Collapse

I have been driving for about a month now and have come to fear the rating system. I think that riders see it as a 3 is an ok ride, a 4 is better, and 5 is the best. I feel that if riders knew that consistent 5s is what's expected by Uber from drivers and that 4.6 will get you suspended, they would rate differently. Does anyone have an appropriate way to let riders know?

OrlUberDriver likes this.
  2. OrlUberDriver

OrlUberDriver
    Expand Collapse

Don't worry so much about ratings. What is your rating now? And how many trips have you done?

Uber Downunder likes this.
  3. UL Driver SF

UL Driver SF
    Expand Collapse

United States
    I wouldn't worry about it. If they ask fill them in. A 5 is pass. Everything else is fail.

Basically every service industry has gone to a pass fail system. They use the accumulated data for metrics but anything less than a perfect score is a fail for whoever is being rated.

4. permai lindal

permai lindal
    Expand Collapse

Unfair rating system

5. UberKurtDesMoines

UberKurtDesMoines
    Expand Collapse

I have also freaked out about anyone that would give me anything but five stars. I've been driving for about three weeks and have a 4.85 rating.

I really try my best to give 5 star service. Hard to predict how the drunks will rate me, even after helping them in more ways than just giving a ride.

6. ulysses x. dryvver

ulysses x. dryvver
    Expand Collapse

The first book about Uber-X.
    www.
    Is an ebook by a driver. Makes sense.
    In defense of a true innovation.
    Best to just be courteous and provide safe, efficient transport. That usually gets you a five anyway.

7. UberKurtDesMoines

UberKurtDesMoines
    Expand Collapse

Is that a typo in your title? Should it be allies, not alles?

8. ulysses x. dryvver

ulysses x. dryvver
    Expand Collapse

uberx uber alles is German for uberx over all else.

9. UberKurtDesMoines

UberKurtDesMoines
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for clearing that up. How do you feel about Uber XL?

10. Kit

Kit
    Expand Collapse

United States
    Yesterday was my third day with Uber. Day one was great, I got several 45-55 dollar fares to/from airport. Ended day with 5 stars. Day 2 was very different, a bunch of $4 - $13 dollar fares, going short distances to restaurants, etc. Ended day with 4.86%. UGH! I couldn't figure it out, but I decided to amp it up, so Day 3 I added bottled water in all cupholders, and a basket with a very nice assortment of snacks. Ended day with 4.82%. UGH! I can't figure it out. On day 2 and 3 I picked up the same girl from high school and dropped her off at home. Maybe it was her? I don't know. On day 3 the app sent me to a house. I waited 5 minutes in the driveway, then called. I had been sent to the wrong address. I was waiting at the address sent to me, but the rider was across the street. Maybe it was her, idk....

11. UberKurtDesMoines

UberKurtDesMoines
    Expand Collapse

Kit,

You'll find that driving Uber can be frustrating at times, but can also be a great experience. I don't like the ratings system either. I always say to the riders that they are five star riders as they get out of the car. They usually say I'm a five star driver. When I get a first time rider (they always tell me who they are), I explain to them that anything below 5 stars is a failing grade. And it applies to them as a rider too.

I've been an Uber driver since April and my rating has gone from 5 stars down to 4.75 and is now back up to 4.9. The first time I received a report from Uber it said out of 12 riders, 10 gave me 5 stars. I was really mad. Who DIDN'T give me 5 stars and why?

Don't sweat the things you can't control or you'll literally drive yourself crazy...

ALSO, don't trust the GPS app and where it sends you. I'd say that at least 90% of the time it is wrong and it sends me to the address next door or even a few miles away from where the rider actually is. This is extremely frustrating and not only wastes everyone's time, but fuel too.

I've brought this up to Uber several times.

Sometimes the rider accidentally moves the pin on the map without realizing it and that sends us to the pin location. This happened to me a few nights ago. The Uber GPS sent me to a dark dead end street - no address. It just said, "park your car". Every house was dark and there was no activity. I called the rider to let him know I had arrived and that he needed to look for me. He said he was at a wedding reception five miles away.

Based on my experiences with the GPS, I always call the rider a minute or two after I arrive at the location to let them know where I am, unless I know for sure I am where I need to be. The riders seem to appreciate this too.

#11 UberKurtDesMoines, May 22, 2015
    Last edited: May 22, 2015
    Kit likes this.
  12. Kit

Kit
    Expand Collapse

United States
    I'm super friendly with people too. Maybe I'm not supposed to be, idk. Are we supposed to engage in convo, or not?

13. UberKurtDesMoines

UberKurtDesMoines
    Expand Collapse

It's pretty easy to tell if they want to talk or not when they get in. I always welcome them, offer a bottle of water, let them know I have phone chargers available, ask if they prefer a certain kind of music, etc. Then I leave it up to them to start a conversation. Some like to ride in silence.

If I have a group of people, I never comment on anything they are discussing. I don't want them to know I'm listening. Some people say some pretty wild and private things. I've overheard some corporate talk I'm sure their boss wouldn't want them discussing in public.

Kit likes this.
  14. ulysses x. dryvver

ulysses x. dryvver
    Expand Collapse

What Kurt said.
    I sometimes mention the weather to see if it gets a response. If they leave that alone, you should do dame.

15. ulysses x. dryvver

ulysses x. dryvver
    Expand Collapse

correction - you should do same.

16. UberKurtDesMoines

UberKurtDesMoines
    Expand Collapse

Freudian slip...

17. ulysses x. dryvver

ulysses x. dryvver
    Expand Collapse

I have come to view the occasional cash tip as the 'sixth star'.

18. Kelly

Kelly
    Expand Collapse

I think anyone who can voice their opinion has emailed Uber about their BS rating system. They hide their rating system, lie about tips, and never actually solve problems outside of billing errors.

I absolutely love what I do, until I have a real problem that I need Uber to step up and fix.

19. Uber Downunder

Uber Downunder
    Expand Collapse

Australia
    Yey! Progress!

Draft saved Draft deleted