Welcome to the Uber Forum!

Welcome to one of the best resources on Transportation Network Companies (TNCs)! Uber Forum is an independent and unbiased resource to discuss Uber, Lyft, Postmates, Instacart, Favor, Deliv, DoorDash and more! Uber Forum has over 4,000+ members and 100,000+ posts! Please join the Uber Forum community by signing up today! Registration is FREE and will enable you to post messages. We can't wait to see you online! :)

Hello everyone just joined to share my unpleasant experience working for Uber after almost 3 years

Discussion in 'Introductions / Feedback' started by Paul sandiford, May 31, 2019.

Uber Driver Promo Code | Lyft Driver Promo Code

1. Paul sandiford

Paul sandiford
    Expand Collapse

United Kingdom
    I have been taken off the platform because I have been told that I did not pick up or cancelled a customer that was with a guide dog and that this was a Health and Safety issue. At no point and at no stage did I refuse to take a customer with a guide dog and did not cancel a trip knowing that a customer had a guide dog. A trip was cancelled due to the fact that it was unsafe to pick up the customer and in any case, she was not with a dog of any description. The Police were also waiting in the carpark where I was waiting and the customer did not come to the pickup point but waited on double yellow lines. By not picking her up on the double yellow lines I was protecting her Health and Safety and not breaking the law. I am also questioning whether this is a Health and Safety issue, as I at no point put her health at risk by not picking her up. Violation of Health and Safety legislation is extremely serious and against the law and breaches have to be reported to the Health and Safety Executive, by not picking up the customer I did not break the law, but complied with the Road Traffic legislation, as well as protecting her health and safety at the time.

Working for Uber I am sometimes physically threatened by Taxi drivers of other firms and told that I cannot drive in particular locations even though it is lawful to do so. When this is reported to Uber they do nothing and you are left to feel on your own and sometimes fighting to earn the money to live or to pay for your rental vehicle. You are blocked without the organisation even hearing your side, I don't know why, but I expected better.

Draft saved Draft deleted