Welcome to the Uber Forum!

Welcome to one of the best resources on Transportation Network Companies (TNCs)! Uber Forum is an independent and unbiased resource to discuss Uber, Lyft, Postmates, Instacart, Favor, Deliv, DoorDash and more! Uber Forum has over 4,000+ members and 100,000+ posts! Please join the Uber Forum community by signing up today! Registration is FREE and will enable you to post messages. We can't wait to see you online! :)

help me please

Discussion in 'Uber Drivers Forum' started by Mike is amazing, Jul 3, 2015.

Uber Driver Promo Code | Lyft Driver Promo Code

1. Mike is amazing

Mike is amazing
    Expand Collapse

Can anybody tell me why I'm unable to contact my riders after I hit the arrived tab. It gives me the person's name and a phone number but when I press the number to dial out,a Skype window appears and it won't let me contact the rider.this is been going on for three days now.it worked fine before that, although I never did have an option to text the rider either.

2. Harry Flashman

Harry Flashman
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Australia
    sorry i dont have an answer for you.

is it your phone or an uber phone?

3. Mike is amazing

Mike is amazing
    Expand Collapse

It is my personal smart phone , an android galaxy s3. Driving me crazy trying to resolve this issue!

4. MileHighDriver

MileHighDriver
    Expand Collapse

sounds like your phone is configured to use skype as the primary phone provider when you tap a number on a web page or in the driver app, rather than your cell provider.

suggest that you look and see if skype is installed, you uninstall it if you're not using it. that might reconfigure the phone to use regular cell service as the calling method.

For the last 18 months or so, Uber has been anonymizing (sp?) the phone number of the customer to protect their privacy. the phone # is the same for all passengers ( I confess I don't know if this number masking is happening in all markets worldwide but it is happening where I drive). Assuming that is happening with you, rather than tapping on the number within the driver app, go to your phone icon and dial the number directly (I have a "passenger" contact entry that I use for that masked number and use speech recognition software to call the passenger; I simply hit the button on my bluetooth headset to activate voice dialing, then say "Call Passenger;" works every time).

Same concept with using Text. Unless its changed, (I haven't driven this week due to vacation) the driver app doesn't allow us to text the passenger from the driver app (however passengers can call or text us thru the rider app); you have to go to your SMS program, enter the passenger number and message.

Let us know how that works for you...
    MHD

#4 MileHighDriver, Jul 4, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2015
    Sensei125 likes this.
  5. Mike is amazing

Mike is amazing
    Expand Collapse

Thank you very much sir!!! Think you hit the nail on the head.once I deleted the Skype app, everything went back to normal once again...

Sensei125 likes this.
  6. MileHighDriver

MileHighDriver
    Expand Collapse

Glad that you benefited from my response.

Advice from me is like the sign I saw above the urinal in a men's room somewhere:
    "At this bar, we Aim to Please!
    That said, task in hand,
    Please Aim!"

Draft saved Draft deleted