Welcome to the Uber Forum!

Welcome to one of the best resources on Transportation Network Companies (TNCs)! Uber Forum is an independent and unbiased resource to discuss Uber, Lyft, Postmates, Instacart, Favor, Deliv, DoorDash and more! Uber Forum has over 4,000+ members and 100,000+ posts! Please join the Uber Forum community by signing up today! Registration is FREE and will enable you to post messages. We can't wait to see you online! :)

How can the Uber rating system be improved?

Discussion in 'Uber Drivers Forum' started by uberlove, Dec 22, 2016.

Uber Driver Promo Code | Lyft Driver Promo Code

1. uberlove

uberlove
    Expand Collapse

United States
  2. catfifty

catfifty
    Expand Collapse

United States
    Rating System - bah humbug. I have been with Uber since January (this is July) - my rating is 4.49 because (1) Uber does not offer ANY training whatsoever; (2) one must fly by the seat of one's pants at all times as there is not one to call (previous to last week) and ask a question; (3) ratings are based on the last 500 rides - 5 months later I have 120 rides in, a new phone, new bluetooth, new navigator, but I am being downgraded because I have a "lower than average rating" for "DRIVERS IN MY LOCATION". I LIVE in BFE (Crete, IL). I DRIVE in Chicago - South Chicago, Hyde Park, Logan Square, Boystown, Lakeview, Humboldt Park, etc. They have told me that my rating (4.49) is lower than my compadres who drive in "my area" I've heard too many stories about drivers in Chicago - so that's a straight-up lie. Perhaps I'm being rated according to where I live and not where I drive. My ratings have never fallen below 4.5 as I recall - guess they must've, huh? For the last month, I've driven more than I have in the first 4 months and have had 4.88 and 5.0's, but I'm being slapped. Really?

THEN you have the perk stuff. They will give me a whopping 1.1 surge, while others get 3.2. Why? Cuz I don't live on the road and piss in my car. I like what I do. And I'm good at it. But I'm real tired of being slapped cuz I'm 62 and spending 2.0 to 2.5 hours round-trip just to get somewhere to go online. All so that I can make $10/hr, use $15 worth of gas, and then put away for gas and wear and tear on the car.

One of my favorite parts is where Uber tells you to do this, that, and the other thing - WHILE DRIVING. yeah, no.

They make judgments like they know what they're talking about. They don't drive. They don't answer questions. They cut and paste.

Ratings should be based on your last 100 rides or last 3 months, whichever comes first. As a newbie, your first month should be kicked out - PERIOD.

Just sayin.

Draft saved Draft deleted