Welcome to the Uber Forum!

Welcome to one of the best resources on Transportation Network Companies (TNCs)! Uber Forum is an independent and unbiased resource to discuss Uber, Lyft, Postmates, Instacart, Favor, Deliv, DoorDash and more! Uber Forum has over 4,000+ members and 100,000+ posts! Please join the Uber Forum community by signing up today! Registration is FREE and will enable you to post messages. We can't wait to see you online! :)

How do I communicate with Uber?

Discussion in 'Austin' started by John Wilder, Feb 17, 2015.

Uber Driver Promo Code | Lyft Driver Promo Code

1. John Wilder

John Wilder
    Expand Collapse

I've tried to sign up to be a driver in the Austin, Texas area. I keep getting these automated emails telling me to complete my application yet when I go to the proper page it says I'm complete.
    I'm caught in a computer do loop.
    I cannot find any phone number or email of any Uber person. Does anyone know how to contact them and get this mess straightened out?

2. a-e-i-o-uber

a-e-i-o-uber
    Expand Collapse

3. John Wilder

John Wilder
    Expand Collapse

My latest experience with Uber!! I stopped at the hotel in Austin and received the phone and all instructions. Wow! I'm now an Uber driver. Well, not quite. I had three calls and then on the fourth I could not find my fare. I tried to call and the phone tells me I cannot make a call from the phone!!! I have no way of communicating with the person (Elle) who wanted a ride. I had to cancel. I stopped at the hotel again and they apologized and re-entered the app. Today I tried again. I received a call, I drove to the location, and again I was not able to contact the fare! I think I've just about had it with Uber. Does anyone know what I am doing wrong?

4. Envisionit

Envisionit
    Expand Collapse

United States
    try Texting the customer by using the contact number provided in the app. Uber uses a unique communication number that only allows you to contact the current customer as long as that fare is still in action, once that fare ends, or cancels, you can no longer reach them. That's uber's way of protecting the customer's privacy, and your own for that matter... because they never see your real number to, jus the generic number uber assigns to you which works both way... You use it to call them, they use it to contact you... but after the trip, it no longer works either way, except for the next fare.... I believe thats how it works. Hope that helps and happy Ubering..

https://www.trydailypay.com/drivers?ref=x79a685