Welcome to the Uber Forum!

Welcome to one of the best resources on Transportation Network Companies (TNCs)! Uber Forum is an independent and unbiased resource to discuss Uber, Lyft, Postmates, Instacart, Favor, Deliv, DoorDash and more! Uber Forum has over 4,000+ members and 100,000+ posts! Please join the Uber Forum community by signing up today! Registration is FREE and will enable you to post messages. We can't wait to see you online! :)

How do you accept pre scheduled rides ???

Discussion in 'Uber Drivers Forum' started by WTWOLFE, Nov 28, 2016.

Uber Driver Promo Code | Lyft Driver Promo Code

1. WTWOLFE

WTWOLFE
    Expand Collapse

United States
    My son scheduled a ride to the airport yesterday at 5pm for a ride to the airport today at 430 am. How did the Uber driver receive that request? Was he online at the time? I don't get it but would like to do it. Thanks in advance, Bill

2. MileHighDriver

MileHighDriver
    Expand Collapse

We have scheduled rides available in Denver as well. I don't know if I've ever had a pre-scheduled trip but I imagine I have at least one or two.

I'm guessing that their computers start looking for the nearest available driver around the scheduled time and, depending on distance to pickup, send pickup requests to closely coincide with the requested pickup time so the driver doesn't have to wait TOO long.

Suggesting that riders using the scheduled pickup system be on the app, looking to see when a driver has accepted the trip request and, above all things, BE READY TO GO when the driver arrives (or at least contact the driver saying you'll be out in a minute or two).

$.02
    MHD

3. BigfootBrian

BigfootBrian
    Expand Collapse

United States
    I've done a few of the scheduled rides. From what I'm gathering they send a request to a driver a little early to ensure they are picked up on time. The worst difference I've gotten was 10 mins early. I'm easy going and the people were direct with telling me it was scheduled right away. The couple extra mins gave me time to step out and smoke a cig and stretch my legs.

Draft saved Draft deleted