Welcome to the Uber Forum!

Welcome to one of the best resources on Transportation Network Companies (TNCs)! Uber Forum is an independent and unbiased resource to discuss Uber, Lyft, Postmates, Instacart, Favor, Deliv, DoorDash and more! Uber Forum has over 4,000+ members and 100,000+ posts! Please join the Uber Forum community by signing up today! Registration is FREE and will enable you to post messages. We can't wait to see you online! :)

How much can you make with Postmates?

Discussion in 'Postmates Forum' started by Dreamer, Oct 24, 2015.

Uber Driver Promo Code | Lyft Driver Promo Code

1. ClevelandUberRider

ClevelandUberRider
    Expand Collapse

Is it in more than one city (SF) yet? When I try to "Bing" it there was no official site that came up.

Do you do both Postmates and Doveaz or just one of them?

2. Andrew_pstmtes

Andrew_pstmtes
    Expand Collapse

South Africa

Yeah even i tried to Bing but no clues. I think they are operating in Stealth mode. As per my conversation, They revealing their App in tech conference in April. Now, They testing their Beta version. I got a email from them stating that friend of mine refereed me to join as beta users. After 2 round of briefing then I am in for the Beta. They gave me 2 Referral Codes to refer any of my friends to join in Beta. I am not sure whether they operate outside San.

I do postmates full time deliveries. the instruction given by Doveaz, they use to send some dummy orders i need to accept and process it. (No real deliveries); I get paid just to accept order. (Looks like they testing the app). So its free money :)

ClevelandUberRider likes this.
  3. ClevelandUberRider

ClevelandUberRider
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for the info. Please kindly help us on-demand drivers around the country out by, during this crucial initial beta stage of Doveaz, do a great job at your Doveaz deliveries and recruit (refer) the very best and most dependable drivers among your friends to those jobs, so that the beta stage will prove successful and in a year's time or so they will roll out in a few dozens cities. Judging by the info you shared, with the much more driver-friendly app, good and dependable drivers will flock to them.

Andrew_pstmtes likes this.
  4. ClevelandUberRider

ClevelandUberRider
    Expand Collapse

When you were in South Africa, how was the labor market for on-demand drivers? I heard in some countries, there has been such a huge supply of drivers (i.e., people love doing those jobs and/or have no other alternative employment and/or their countries do not provide the generous social safety net like we do throughout much of the Western civilization) such that the earnings equilibrium has been forced down to levels where on-demand driving makes about the same as what fast food servers and retail clerks in those countries make. Was that the case in South Africa, or was it more like in the U.S., where about half or more of on-demand drivers can still make (when tips are counted in) 1.5 to 2.0 times of their city (local) mandated minimum wage rates on a yearly average basis?

5. Lidman

Lidman
    Expand Collapse

I wonder if they could do deliveries down the mining shafts, where they find all the diamonds.

6. Lidman

Lidman
    Expand Collapse

congrats on your 600th comment. Quite the milestone.

Andrew_pstmtes likes this.
  7. Andrew_pstmtes

Andrew_pstmtes
    Expand Collapse

South Africa
    Absolutely I will do that. Lets see how this companies going to be perform in the On-Demand space. I have lot of my friends who works for different companies But all the same stuffs.

8. Andrew_pstmtes

Andrew_pstmtes
    Expand Collapse

South Africa
    Hahaha...No No...The South African market is very unique. In some of the restaurant in South Africa. The tip is mandatory (A tip of 14% will automatically added to your Bill).

For an Example,

In San, For a one day with postmates,

7 - 8 delivers = My payout would be around $50 - $60 (Includes Tip)

But Might be in South Africa, I am guessing

3 - 4 deliveries = I might have earned min. $50 (More Tip)

Unluckily, There is no On-Demand Food delivery companies in South Africa. When I drive uber, customer used to pay me a Tip in cash...

9. Andrew_pstmtes

Andrew_pstmtes
    Expand Collapse

South Africa

Yes you are right. There is huge unemployment rate in African countries. People are willing to take any work but there is no job for them. This govt. is not able to create jobs for the people. I can say this 100% that Uber has create numerous jobs and hav brought lights in many people life.

10. ClevelandUberRider

ClevelandUberRider
    Expand Collapse

The "best practice" from South Africa should be imposed here. For starters, service industries should build 15% for lunch and 20% for dinners and employers can't touch those "surcharges" because the law should be made such that the amount flows into the service providers' pocket (pay) directly.

11. Tequila Jake

Tequila Jake
    Expand Collapse

United States
    The driver gets paid based on mileage from restaurant to delivery point and a per-minute fee starting shortly before arriving at the restaurant until shortly after leaving the restaurant plus any tip you choose to leave.

DoorDash drivers get paid a fixed amount per delivery, plus tip.

12. Tequila Jake

Tequila Jake
    Expand Collapse

United States
    This is very true. For DoorDash, tips are almost always more than my delivery fees. People are very accustomed to tipping for food services. And generally they pay based on the size of their order.

And besides the culture, I think it's because food delivery is a very postiive experience.