Welcome to the Uber Forum!

Welcome to one of the best resources on Transportation Network Companies (TNCs)! Uber Forum is an independent and unbiased resource to discuss Uber, Lyft, Postmates, Instacart, Favor, Deliv, DoorDash and more! Uber Forum has over 3,000+ members and 60,000 posts! Please join the Uber Forum community by signing up today! Registration is FREE and will enable you to post messages. We can't wait to see you online! :)

How much do you make with Lyft?

Discussion in 'Lyft Drivers Forum' started by SDUber, Jul 20, 2015.

Uber Driver Promo Code | Lyft Driver Promo Code

1. SDUber

SDUber
    Expand Collapse

United States
    I see Lyft ads where you can make up to $35 an hour. Is anyone making this? Thanks in advance.

2. Vlad V

Vlad V
    Expand Collapse

United States
    Yes, drivers who gets the bonus can make 35/hr.

Drive 30 hrs/week, including 10 peak hours and receive 10% bonus. Drive 50 hours and receive 20% bonus, meaning you don't pay commission. Lyft does not charge the 1 dollar per fare fee and they charge the passengers more per mile.

Billy Colbert and UberRidiculous like this.
  3. Harry Flashman

Harry Flashman
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Australia
    hi@Vlad V welcome to the forum.

Do you drive for both lyft and uber? If so what do think are the best parts of both services

UberRidiculous likes this.
  4. Harry Flashman

Harry Flashman
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Australia
    Hi @SDUber, welcome to the forum

5. Vlad V

Vlad V
    Expand Collapse

United States
    thanks @Harry Flashman

yes, i drive for both companies. Lyft pays me much more with less driving, this is the best part. The only advantage Uber has is that I get a lot more pings, meaning less idle time. I don't understand why Uber charges back the driver the 1 dollar passenger fee. Each time I take a 4 dollar ride, all I receive is $2.60. It's ok if the pick up is only a block away but for those 8 to 10 min pickup, pretty much a waste.

6. SDUber

SDUber
    Expand Collapse

United States
    Thanks Vlad and Harry. I am considering trying out Lyft then.

7. UberRidiculous

UberRidiculous
    Expand Collapse

Make sure you keep good records too, because when Uber sends their 1099s, it will include that $1 SRF AND the 20% Uber takes. I'm worried that most drivers won't realize that, and just think that what the 1099 says, is what they were paid. Actually drivers will need to look at their deposit records so they can do a write off on those fees. I will get my first 1099 in Feb from Uber, but there was a lot of noise about it this past tax season that Uber had started doing this.

8. Garrett

Garrett
    Expand Collapse

United States
    How are the records they (uber) provide? I would think they could itemize everything for you with their programs and GPS. Mileage while app is running along with actual trip miles. And actual deposits versus gross intake, etc. Well, I guess we can do that ourselves to, but it would be good if the IRS came knocking.

9. UberRidiculous

UberRidiculous
    Expand Collapse

I'm not sure. I'll get my first 1099 this coming tax season. I just figured I'd have to add up my Uber deposits and subtract it from what Uber puts on the 1099 to know what to deduct!

10. josue

josue
    Expand Collapse

United States
    Necesito que alguien con experiencia en Lyft me ayude: Comence a trabajar como chofer en Lyft el pasado 19 de Octubre en la ciudad de Miami tambien trabajo UBER, mi problema es que no he recibido ningun pago por todas las carreras que he dado con Lyft, solo recibo el reporte de lo que he ganado pero no he visto nada de dinerdo aun, alguien me pudiera explicar como es el pago en Lyft? Gracias anticipadas por su ayuda

11. ClevelandUberRider

ClevelandUberRider
    Expand Collapse

In your city, does Lyft allow LyftPlus-only account?

12. mblatch

mblatch
    Expand Collapse

Lyft has earned me more money, but not as many pings. Lyft also works better for me as my schedule does not allow me to drive very much so I have a better return when I do drive. Do not forget to use the Lyft driver sign up bonus. Nobody told me this when I signed up and I missed out on $750. The amount of the bonus all depends on where you live, but nonetheless it's free money. The link below provides a sign up bonus.

https://www.lyft.com/drivers/DAILYDRIVE

13. Harry Flashman

Harry Flashman
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Australia
    more money and less pings? are you doing less miles also?

14. mblatch

mblatch
    Expand Collapse

Is this not possible? If you know your city well and target the correct areas, it's not that difficult. It all starts with the right plan and if you don't have this then you will be less efficient.

Shouldn't have to explain this. Just like basketball. Would you rather go 6/10 from inside the arc or 4/5 from outside? Who is more efficient and who receives the better return on their output??

15. Black Mercedes@Lyft

Black Mercedes@Lyft
    Expand Collapse

United States
    I drive part time for Lyft mainly(rarely do I still run the Uberx app). I drive about 30-32 hrs a week, after gas and caffeine costs, I take home about 9$ an hr+tips

SDUber likes this.
  16. Louisvillerideshareguy

Louisvillerideshareguy
    Expand Collapse

United States
    I've been driving for Uber and now going to also drive for Lyft. All things equal I think if your trying to make money Lyft is the company you have to work for. Uber is determined to not have driver earn anything. They will keep u busy working and racking up expenses then throw fees at you and a fairness doctrine that makes zero sense.

SDUber likes this.
  17. SDUber

SDUber
    Expand Collapse

United States
    Good thread thanks for feedback guys and gals.

18. Beth Trenty

Beth Trenty
    Expand Collapse

United States
    I make between $14-$18 /hr on average but there are so many factors that come into play with this question. Some weeks I make over $20/hr.

Draft saved Draft deleted