Welcome to the Uber Forum!

Welcome to one of the best resources on Transportation Network Companies (TNCs)! Uber Forum is an independent and unbiased resource to discuss Uber, Lyft, Postmates, Instacart, Favor, Deliv, DoorDash and more! Uber Forum has over 4,000+ members and 100,000+ posts! Please join the Uber Forum community by signing up today! Registration is FREE and will enable you to post messages. We can't wait to see you online! :)

How to arrange photo of Uber driver

Discussion in 'Uber Drivers Forum' started by astri, Apr 30, 2015.

Uber Driver Promo Code | Lyft Driver Promo Code

1. astri

astri
    Expand Collapse

Here’s a odd question - I’m working for a non-profit publication based in NJ and we need a photo to illustrate a story about Uber. It’s not really critical of the service; it mostly focuses on how uber and it’s competitors are helping change transportation and commuting.

Most the photos commercially available are boring or involve taxi protests. So we’re going to hire a photographer to stage a photo, hopefully with the participation of an uber driver — for instance a person getting out of a car with the uber logo in the front windshield or a person holding the app with a uber car in the background, etc.

My questions: if the photographer hailed a driver and then asked him/her to participate in staging the photo, do you think the driver would agree? Should we find a driver without the app (maybe through this forum)? I figure the photoing would take an hour at most - how much would a driver charge for that amount of time? I assume the driver would be paid in cash, off the uber books - is that OK?

Any insights would be appreciated.

2. ulysses x. dryvver

ulysses x. dryvver
    Expand Collapse

Here is a link to an ebook recently published by an UberX driver with 2000 trips. it may have something of interest to you (e.g. the cover image above).

3. UberKurtDesMoines

UberKurtDesMoines
    Expand Collapse

If you were in Des Moines, Iowa I'd be happy to help you out. $30 per hour sounds fair for lost revenue and get a photo release.

Feel free to contact me if you want a Midwest Uber Driver's perspective for your story. 515-770-5299

Kurt

Draft saved Draft deleted