Welcome to the Uber Forum!

Welcome to one of the best resources on Transportation Network Companies (TNCs)! Uber Forum is an independent and unbiased resource to discuss Uber, Lyft, Postmates, Instacart, Favor, Deliv, DoorDash and more! Uber Forum has over 4,000+ members and 100,000+ posts! Please join the Uber Forum community by signing up today! Registration is FREE and will enable you to post messages. We can't wait to see you online! :)

How Your Uber Driver Really Feels About Long Rides

Discussion in 'Uber Drivers Forum' started by Harry Flashman, Jul 17, 2015.

Uber Driver Promo Code | Lyft Driver Promo Code

1. Harry Flashman

Harry Flashman
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Australia
    UberRidiculous likes this.
  2. Vlad V

Vlad V
    Expand Collapse

United States
    I prefer long trips. Saves gas and wear and tear on my car.

3. Dreamer

Dreamer
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

I'll go with medium trips. I find the long trips can take me to where there is no action and I have to drive a large distance just to get back to some pings. Maybe it's just my experience thus far but I've had some long trips where I have no hope of getting back with a rider that is. The short trips are simply too unprofitable when you factor in the safe rides fee especially if you have to drive any distance for them. What about you Harry?

#3 Dreamer, Jul 24, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2015
  4. Harry Flashman

Harry Flashman
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Australia
    With uber the medium size trip is best. with long trips there are too many dead miles which kill your profits and short trips well there is no profit at all. Fortunately our business comes from our own clients these days where even our short fares are a good rate for drivers.

5. MileHighDriver

MileHighDriver
    Expand Collapse

Once in a great while I'll get lucky. A "long," ($35 or so) trip from downtown to the airport sometimes will get a return trip into town. Not too long ago, I picked up a guy going to the airport. Fare including toll was around $40. Ended the trip and stalling for a few moments, I got a pickup request 2 doors down from where I dropped the previous rider. He replied that was the "fastest Uber airport request" he had ever experienced (arrived in 15 seconds from ping). His trip from the airport to his destination was even longer than the preceding trip to the airport at close to $50 including toll reimbursement. For time involved, my 80% + toll reimbursement amounted to $60.00/hour! Too bad I couldn't maintain that level of compensation for the rest of the night.

Also agree on the medium trips where you have a reasonable chance to get a pickup close to the drop-off area.

As always, $.02
    MHD

6. Garrett

Garrett
    Expand Collapse

United States
    A

7. Garrett

Garrett
    Expand Collapse

United States
    A quick pick up an a long fast highway drive is a money maker in my book.

8. DBuberGuy

DBuberGuy
    Expand Collapse

United States
    with the low rates, longer trips are the best

9. mengdt

mengdt
    Expand Collapse

Australia
    I just got a long trip an hour ago, the destination wasn't within the Uber coverage, but as the rider (a tourist) didn't have any idea how he would go there, so I said Ok, as I put myself into his circumstance, being in a foreign place and someone is there to assist you. It ended nice, we had great conversation, and I'm happy with that.
    But, still, medium one would be the best

10. CShatesLyft

CShatesLyft
    Expand Collapse

both...grateful for the opportunity

11. ADRIAN E.

ADRIAN E.
    Expand Collapse

United States
    I drive uberx and I have only been driving about a month. I will take any trip, long or short. I used to prefer long trips, but then two weeks ago I drove a group of men 42 miles. It took over an hour. The trip never showed on my statement. Uber says, any fare more than $150 is reviewed before payment. The surge was high, the normal rate was probably about $50-$60. I have yet to get paid. So, now, I prefer short trips. Especially when the surge is more than 3 or 4 times the normal rate.

Draft saved Draft deleted