Welcome to the Uber Forum!

Welcome to one of the best resources on Transportation Network Companies (TNCs)! Uber Forum is an independent and unbiased resource to discuss Uber, Lyft, Postmates, Instacart, Favor, Deliv, DoorDash and more! Uber Forum has over 4,000+ members and 100,000+ posts! Please join the Uber Forum community by signing up today! Registration is FREE and will enable you to post messages. We can't wait to see you online! :)

I'm new to rideshare apps and I'm nervous any advice?

Discussion in 'Uber Riders Forum' started by TeganDuffy94, Dec 8, 2015.

Uber Driver Promo Code | Lyft Driver Promo Code

1. TeganDuffy94

TeganDuffy94
    Expand Collapse

United Kingdom
    Hi, I'm 21 and living in Sheffield so expensive taxi fee's are nothing new to me. I am currently at university and I travel all over the UK especially to London and Manchester to visit friends. The taxi fares down there are far more expensive than they are in Sheffield (Although Sheffield is still pretty pricey trust me!) A friend suggested both UBER and LYFT to me and I've had a look on the web but I'm still unsure about it all. Anyone who can help me out? o_O

UberRidiculous likes this.
  2. LAndreas

LAndreas
    Expand Collapse

United States
    It's no different than taking a bus. Say hi to the driver, plunk yourself down in the back, and have someone drive you to your destination. Don't fear that you have to interact with the driver; if you don't feel like it, just be quiet and so will your driver (if he's been doing this for any amount of time).
    I have no idea why anyone would pay anymore for a taxi. As a pax, it's always beneficial to Uber or Lyft.

DBuberGuy and UberRidiculous like this.
  3. TeganDuffy94

TeganDuffy94
    Expand Collapse

United Kingdom
    How does the process work though? Is there any safety assurance? What's the average price difference between normal taxis and UBER/LYFT? All of this is new to me. Also is it run via PayPal so that we know our payments and payment details are safe?

4. Harry Flashman

Harry Flashman
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Australia
    I think that a black cab service would be safer than uber x. a cab is more expensive but the drivers are professional

5. TeganDuffy94

TeganDuffy94
    Expand Collapse

United Kingdom
    Thanks for the reply, what can you tell me about UBER? Have you used their service at all? What are the prices like? What are the drivers like?

6. TeganDuffy94

TeganDuffy94
    Expand Collapse

United Kingdom
    Hey so I found this link, its really helpful I think what do you guys think?
    http://rideshareapps.com/uber-fare-estimator/
    It cleared things up for me price wise but I still have so many questions about other features and differences between standard taxis and uber/lyft

7. pbracing33b

pbracing33b
    Expand Collapse

United States
    Like what features are u asking about? Also about safety you have a GPS tracking the drivers phone number or drivers phone and you also have B drivers ID you have a picture of the driver you also have a driver's license plate you have the type of car that you're driving and you also have a tracking number that way if anything were to happen you have all the evidence in the world to nail that guy down for anything that he could possibly do to you therefore I would say that riding with uber or lyft is very safe

#7 pbracing33b, Dec 17, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2015
  8. DBuberGuy

DBuberGuy
    Expand Collapse

United States
    In general, looking from the outside, its really no different than taking a taxi. Most Uber cars will have good drivers,and be more clean than taxis. Also the main point is that Uber is cheaper than any taxi in any market. So basically, just order a Uber, get in, remain quiet, get out at your destination. THat's it

9. UL Driver SF

UL Driver SF
    Expand Collapse

United States
    Drink heavily.

Draft saved Draft deleted