Welcome to the Uber Forum!

Welcome to one of the best resources on Transportation Network Companies (TNCs)! Uber Forum is an independent and unbiased resource to discuss Uber, Lyft, Postmates, Instacart, Favor, Deliv, DoorDash and more! Uber Forum has over 4,000+ members and 100,000+ posts! Please join the Uber Forum community by signing up today! Registration is FREE and will enable you to post messages. We can't wait to see you online! :)

Instacart delivery driver earnings

Discussion in 'Instacart Forum' started by Dreamer, Oct 27, 2015.

Uber Driver Promo Code | Lyft Driver Promo Code

1. Dreamer

Dreamer
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

"Instacart Delivery Drivers have the opportunity to use Instacart’s online and mobile platform to offer grocery delivery services to Instacart users as independent contractors."

How well are you doing as a delivery driver for Instacart? How do your earnings compare to other app-based delivery services?

R Y likes this.
  2. R Y

R Y
    Expand Collapse

United States
    I live in Chicago. I will drive Instacart contractors. The first ride is free. Please PM me if interested.

3. Chi1Abbie

Chi1Abbie
    Expand Collapse

United States
    With all these new delivery services, how does anyone make money? I mean is there enough to go around, or is it like "musical chairs"

4. ClevelandUberRider

ClevelandUberRider
    Expand Collapse

The thing about the gig economy is, I foresee there will be be more "offloading" by companies and government agencies of their traditionally full time positions to private contractors positions. Long before Uber and Lyft were even on the drawing board, the DOD had been using private contractors for while.

Going forward, I am forecasting:

1. The PC part (percentage) of our economy will grow bigger and bigger.
    2. The PC gig positions that require not much of a qualifications (such as TNC driving, which easily half of the population qualifies) will see their average earnings continue to face downward pressure, eventually settling at around the economy's market-determined minimum wage rates.