Welcome to the Uber Forum!

Welcome to one of the best resources on Transportation Network Companies (TNCs)! Uber Forum is an independent and unbiased resource to discuss Uber, Lyft, Postmates, Instacart, Favor, Deliv, DoorDash and more! Uber Forum has over 4,000+ members and 100,000+ posts! Please join the Uber Forum community by signing up today! Registration is FREE and will enable you to post messages. We can't wait to see you online! :)

NEVER Trust Lyft Drivers. FRAUDS & SCAMMERS

Discussion in 'Lyft Riders Forum' started by pcoutpost, Jan 15, 2017.

Uber Driver Promo Code | Lyft Driver Promo Code

1. pcoutpost

pcoutpost
    Expand Collapse

United States
    Had a business meeting yesterday. Took Lyft from point A to Point B for a charge of $6.80, no problem. Left the meeting and went back to starting point.

The driver tried to go a long route which I corrected (he thought I wasn't paying attention as I was on the phone). When he dropped me, he didn't end the ride, he jumped on the interstate and headed up I-77 to Iredell County. By the time I got Lyft on the phone (support 855-865-9553) he was 25+ miles away. The rep saw the ride was still in progress and had to manually disconnect me from the ride. He told me he would make sure I wasn't overcharged. I told him in lieu of this, the ride should be comped which he said would probably happen. Did he follow through??? No, just got the $50 bill for the fraudulent ride. BTW, I did attempt to contact the driver by phone prior to calling Lyft, it went to VM 4 times. I even left him a VM with my personal number in case this was just some app glitch or something, he never returned my call, solidifying to me this was him scamming and long ride.

I called them back tonight and they said the only thing they could do was to forward this on to some other support team and someone would get back to me this upcoming week.

Meantime, Im out $50 until they feel like getting around to resolve this. I told them they needed to refund the fare back tonight, he declined.

NEVER USE LYFT. Uber may be shady with their drivers but they dont SCREW their customers or tolerate drivers who do.

2. Moni

Moni
    Expand Collapse

United States
    Sorry to hear that. We are not all like that. I personally have integrity and would not try and get more money by swindling people.

3. Uber_Rat

Uber_Rat
    Expand Collapse

The negative side of this story is that it isn't related specifically to Lyft. An Uber driver can pull the same scam and it's possible that Uber Support would be just as unhelpful initially.

I do know from the Uber side of things that they tend to resolve rider issues very quickly.

I wouldn't give up on Lyft or Uber based on a single bad experience. Especially if this gets properly resolved as you've requested.

4. Comm3000

Comm3000
    Expand Collapse

United States
    Well, I had couple of such incidents due to network issue. Could not end the ride and had to struggle a few minutes while rebooting phone and so on. Then I figured what was causing it and being more careful now.
    Another time girl called me stating I am still on the ride with her when I was sure I ended it. I had to go offline, switch device, and after few minutes it came back online and indeed I was on the active ride! I just cancelled it with no charge to her. It all was in a course of two day and did not happened ever after.

5. How I Uber

How I Uber
    Expand Collapse

Draft saved Draft deleted