Welcome to the Uber Forum!

Welcome to one of the best resources on Transportation Network Companies (TNCs)! Uber Forum is an independent and unbiased resource to discuss Uber, Lyft, Postmates, Instacart, Favor, Deliv, DoorDash and more! Uber Forum has over 4,000+ members and 100,000+ posts! Please join the Uber Forum community by signing up today! Registration is FREE and will enable you to post messages. We can't wait to see you online! :)

New Guys out in Bay Area..

Discussion in 'General Rideshare Forum' started by Andrew_pstmtes, Feb 20, 2016.

Uber Driver Promo Code | Lyft Driver Promo Code

1. Andrew_pstmtes

Andrew_pstmtes
    Expand Collapse

South Africa
    Hey Guys..I deliver for Postmates. Got a email from this company named Doveaz to sign up for their Beta App release. Looks like New guys out in Bay area. Has anyone got similar email.

ClevelandUberRider likes this.
  2. ClevelandUberRider

ClevelandUberRider
    Expand Collapse

Are Postmates thinking of organizing for collective bargaining rights? The Teamsters seem to be a very good fit. They will fight for drivers' rights to better pay and better work conditions.

3. Andrew_pstmtes

Andrew_pstmtes
    Expand Collapse

South Africa
    I am not sure with Postmates. Got a email from Doveaz. They got Very good options which favors drivers like me. I can add favorite customers, Can be able to create a group in a location and can add other drivers and set group payouts and lot more. Going to signup for Beta App. Lets check it out and give you the feedback cheers..

4. ClevelandUberRider

ClevelandUberRider
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for your field reports.

That favorite customers feature is interesting, but how does it work? Postmates has that. (Even Uber and Lyft, if they want to, can add that, Favorite Passengers.) But the question is, how can it work? For example, a good, friendly, and non-complaining food-ordering office/home worker/customer (or TNC passenger) he/she is probably chosen by more than one drivers as said drivers' favorite customers. When the food order (passenger's ping) comes in, if more than one such drivers are in the vicinity, how does it work? Random assignment to said drivers?

#4 ClevelandUberRider, Feb 22, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2016
  5. Andrew_pstmtes

Andrew_pstmtes
    Expand Collapse

South Africa
    With curiosity, I just download the Doveaz. With lil play around with the App.

On the customer Side

Customer got different options to order. I can see wide variety of categories like Food, Mobiles, Laptops, Groceries etc.,

When customer ordering they got three different options to choose the drivers.

My Favourites – It is picking up drivers from their own favourites (App allowing customer to Add driver as favorites) and also showing Who is online and offline. Customer can send request to drivers who is in online to accept orders.

Other Drivers – This App is giving the customer the option to choose the drivers to place orders.

Groups – Looks like customer can place their order to the Groups as well.

(It looks like If drivers perform well can earn more earnings.)

This app got the internal Payment option. Customer can pay Only If order is accepted by the Drivers to pick it up.

On the other side, I mean Driver App is Kind of Different from Postmates.

I just logged in, and Can view the orders requested by customer. They using TAG to separate favourite customer and other customers. So I got my job flexibility to accept order which I like (Who can pay more tip).

This App got Group option. When I click to create my Own Group. It just showing me others drivers info in that area (I don’t how it works But its nice). Like whatsapp I just add other driver to the group and kept the name as “San Rockers”. And this group is also visible to the customers.

I can see the option that This app also does nationwide deliveries.

Pros:

On the first look, It is satisfied. Need to use to chk it out completely.

Cons:

UI sucks. Looks they need to employ good designers. Postmates Looks Awesome.

Thats the feedback. Looks like They running a Beta around the city. They gonna give tough competition to Postmates Once they fully operational. Anyways, We drivers are happy either Uber, Lyft, postmates or anyone ..Got flexibility to work for anyone :).

6. ClevelandUberRider

ClevelandUberRider
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for the info.

1. So do the customers pay for the food (and the food is being prepared) even before the driver arrives at the restaurant?

2. My own humble thinking is that since each individual driver's physical effort is not scalable at all (on the contrary, the app company's is highly scalable, hence the rush into such tech ventures), there is an upper limit (ceiling) as to how many delivery a driver can do per hour even if he/she maxes out every single minute to be on the go at all time, Accounting for the inevitable wait time (both at the restaurant while picking up food as well as when making the delivery to hungry customers), as well as the human interaction time (again, both at the restaurants and while handing over the food; logistically, this is akin to the initial interaction and greetings and making sure of pax's identity as well as the farewell parts of the TNC driving work), then the distance-driving part plus the parking the car part. The main killer to delivery driver's earnings potential is in the "pooling" of orders. For example, five co-workers in an office are unlikely to make five different orders at the same restaurant for the same lunch time, rather, they are more likely to "pool", to have one of them order five people's lunch in one single order using one credit card and the other four people pay him/her back separately, thus robbing the driver the potential scalable earnings of making five delivery charges in one pick up and one delivery. And since most such app firms seem to be intent of targetting $5 per delivery for better customer acceptance in most cities, assuming an avg upper limit of four deliveries per hour, that translates to a long term future equilibrium rate of $20 per hour. But if given the choice of gross earnings of $20 per hour of Ubering (tips not included) and Postmating (tips not included) I think many drivers would prefer the latter.

#6 ClevelandUberRider, Feb 22, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2016
  7. Andrew_pstmtes

Andrew_pstmtes
    Expand Collapse

South Africa

I 100% agree with the above. Even I face lot in my deliveries. Most of the corporate orders would be above $75 (As you mentioned, It might be collective order for 5 – 6 peoples) but what I get as Fee is Just $5 - $6 (Sometime Might get a Good tip but not in all cases).

What I feel the solution might be, At the moment any delivery company is having only one option i.e. Individual account. I think there should be one more option which is Corporate Account. If any corporate is booking a bulk order from a particular restaurant, They should get discount on the main Food and Increase the delivery fee Which is WIN-WIN for everyone. So with one corporate order, That’s my day.

So do the customers pay for the food (and the food is being prepared) even before the driver arrives at the restaurant?

As per the briefing they given to me,

They got inbuilt payment system which they referring as DAccount. Looks like, When driver accept orders, Customer Pays Via D Account, Food Fee is directly goes into the restaurant. (Restaurant receives notification to prepare the food as its been paid by customer) Delivery Fee is been kept on hold by DAccount. Once the driver delivers the Food. Customer can add Tip and click: “Complete Delivery”. The amount is credit immediately in the Driver wallet.

So I don’t have to use any credit card (like Postmates supplies Pax card to buy food at restaurant). I just go pick up the food and deliver at the customer place.

Looks like driver friendly.

8. ClevelandUberRider

ClevelandUberRider
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for the industry field Intel.

I agree with you about the corporate accounts. It doesn't make economic sense to charge the same price for a delivery of same pickup and same delivery but heavier by five times (five hungry workers' lunch versus one hungry person' lunch). You are right, eventually they will have to make that happen. My humble suggestion to Postmates and Doveaz is for them to gently urge (tippers generally tip at least the minimum when we are supposed to, more for good service, so there is no reason this won't work, especially when all the co-workers think it is still an amazing deal) the hungry workers to tip per person, not per combined order. Say normally if a worker tips you $3 or $5, now with four of his co-workers joining in and adding food to the order, they all know, with this gentle reminder/hint from Postmates or Doveaz, all five of them know although the driver is not particularly expecting $15 or $25 (five times of the tips before), but the drivers should be compensated more for bringing them and carrying food to them that is now five times heavier, with each of them throwing in an extra $1 or $2, making the total tips to be $7 or $13 ($3 + $1*4 and $5 + $2*4). I am pretty sure eventually this will be common practice rather than inconsistency now, because people don't like to mistreat the service workers, especially the hardworking and genuinely nice ones.

#8 ClevelandUberRider, Feb 23, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2016
    Andrew_pstmtes likes this.
  9. ClevelandUberRider

ClevelandUberRider
    Expand Collapse

I agree that the pmt option makes the new competitor that much more driver friendly. Since delivery drivers are so short in time for us to maximize our 60 minutes in an hour, any extra, technologically-unnecessary deadweight process, like holding and handing over the corporate issued payment card to make payment, even seconds and minutes, add up, maybe accounting for 5% or more of our work minutes and hours that day.

Andrew_pstmtes likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted