Welcome to the Uber Forum!

Welcome to one of the best resources on Transportation Network Companies (TNCs)! Uber Forum is an independent and unbiased resource to discuss Uber, Lyft, Postmates, Instacart, Favor, Deliv, DoorDash and more! Uber Forum has over 4,000+ members and 100,000+ posts! Please join the Uber Forum community by signing up today! Registration is FREE and will enable you to post messages. We can't wait to see you online! :)

North Korean Admin goes wacko and deletes any post competing with one he posted.

Discussion in 'Uber Drivers Forum' started by RockinEZ, Dec 11, 2015.

Uber Driver Promo Code | Lyft Driver Promo Code

1. RockinEZ

RockinEZ
    Expand Collapse

United States
    North Korea goes off premature again.
    Today we received an email from Uber updating the Uber Partner agreement.

People started posting this on NK's forum..... but no, these posts were deleted by an overzealous admin who had posted a similar, but not very informative, piece himself.

What do you do if you are a North Korean admin with unlimited power?
    Delete all posts competing with the admin's post, and then close discussion to the thread so only the information the NK admin posted gets out.

Way to go NK. What happened to that dysfunctional, but popular forum?

Someone is putting money into NK's forum. New admins that used to be long time members, now gone turn-coat, and commercial style graphics indicate someone smells gold in them there hills.

pbracing33b and UberRidiculous like this.
  2. Lidman

Lidman
    Expand Collapse

Well here's a glaring example of how NK treats some of it's member unfair. I copied, and pasted this from a member over there. The TOS only applies to certain members. I guess the key phrase is they have a "double standard". The mods and addys only seem to enforce the law to the highest ranking members.

"Driver's rating goes below 4.65 - first 20 posts nail em to the wall and insult the driver.

Yet a driver singles out a woman pax and uses adjectives that would not be used if the pax was male - huge support and kudos to the driver.

Male pax treats a driver badly, high tolerance for such wayward behavior

Poster openly and misogynistically uses sexually unacceptable adjectives to describes female pax - and no one reports it to the mods.

It often takes two pages before a decent human being steps in.

Total *******s who deserved their deactivation for their sick actions referred to as "gentleman" by other posters.

And it takes four pages for a decent human being to show up and call out all those who lionized the driver implying he had been treated unfairly instead of showing compassion for the victim and realizing that actions have consequences to protect victims and to see justice is done.

Unlikely this will make it to the most liked list because it isn't funny. Just true."

3. TwinTurbo

TwinTurbo
    Expand Collapse

United States
    In a thread about threads derailing, I mentioned those silly banners they have flying over NK now, like the starfish (for "5 star" ratings) and the stock photo of someone looking at a phone. Next day, it's gone without a trace. No malice was ever intended; yet it was wiped clean.

I'm all for separating the chaff from the chat, but that's not the right way to do it.

RockinEZ likes this.
  4. Lidman

Lidman
    Expand Collapse

The NK site seems to support members like "glados" (whom is obviously one of the site trolls) who think uber can do no wrong. Pathetic they've become.

pbracing33b likes this.
  5. TwinTurbo

TwinTurbo
    Expand Collapse

United States
    ^
    Yes I noticed that too. You could explain in detail a legitimate problem you were having in your daily driving work, and the glados-type answer would ring along the lines of "did you try chilling your bottled water a bit more?"

6. Harry Flashman

Harry Flashman
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Australia
    in the early days of north korea members who made comments like glados became lambs in a slaughter house.
    with members like the sauce and scrubscud and the ever reliable @DriverJ there was always plenty of action

pbracing33b likes this.
  7. Lidman

Lidman
    Expand Collapse

I supplied most of the non-squiters on the nk sites. Here's a recent comment i threw on there. I'm leaving out words like "mod's and TOS, and powers that be (hammer tried that one and it didn't work). Most likely mine will get deleted too, lol

"You would think the (............) would be more consistent with (.......). Obviously they're very selective of who they apply the (........) too. On our site (south of here) it runs more like a democracy. On the plus side, the more the (.....) make members disappear from here, the more powerful our site becomes."

pbracing33b and Milady de Winter like this.
  8. Lidman

Lidman
    Expand Collapse

Yup! Those pointless tautologies like "If you don't like uber why drive for them".... Cry1cabbie seems to admire glados. Not surprising.

One of my favorite threads (about month before the mods/addy started making the site no fun) is the one started by "uberrediculous".... I forget the title but i remember it was a lot of fun because it was like a parady of the kind comments uber-worshipers would post. Here are some examples, "drive smart", "remember to provide water, mints and snacks", "travis is a wonderful person" etc. I think that thread exists though I can't seem to find it. Can someone post the link if its'still there? Appreciate it.

#8 Lidman, Dec 11, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2015
    pbracing33b likes this.
  9. pbracing33b

pbracing33b
    Expand Collapse

United States
    Yea I very rarely go to that site any more, it has definitely changed and not for the good. I think your right about the money part, someone has put money into that site and I'm wondering if it isn't from someone high up in Uber headquarters. Because the whole dynamic of the forum has changed.

10. UberHammer

UberHammer
    Expand Collapse

United States
    I know for a FACT that there is money involved. It was offered to me to write more blogs. I said no.

11. Lidman

Lidman
    Expand Collapse

Do you know where the money is coming from? Possibly Uber itself? Just curious.

RockinEZ and pbracing33b like this.
  12. Lidman

Lidman
    Expand Collapse

Needless to say this comment did not even last an hour. pmsl

RockinEZ, Chi1Abbie and pbracing33b like this.
  13. RockinEZ

RockinEZ
    Expand Collapse

United States
    Dude, your new avatar made me spit beer on my monitor.

UberRidiculous likes this.
  14. RockinEZ

RockinEZ
    Expand Collapse

United States
    They are doing a lot of advertising lately.

On the other hand:

They have a member that is an Uber rep, or wanna-be Uber rep answering questions with the authority only achieved by the anonymous.

pbracing33b likes this.
  15. Lidman

Lidman
    Expand Collapse

Could that by any chance be "glados"?

pbracing33b likes this.
  16. RockinEZ

RockinEZ
    Expand Collapse

United States
    yowser

17. RockinEZ

RockinEZ
    Expand Collapse

United States
    how much

18. TwinTurbo

TwinTurbo
    Expand Collapse

United States
    Probably $100 for every new blogger he signs up who completes 20 blogs

19. Lidman

Lidman
    Expand Collapse

I wonder why uberhammer turned down the offer. I have the feeling they were going to ask him to reflect a (pro-uber) attitude on it. Hell I'd do for almost nothing if I could tell them what I really think of uber. Of course I wouldn't need to express it in a blog. A few words would do it. Uber bites it.

Milady de Winter and Chi1Abbie like this.
  20. Chi1Abbie

Chi1Abbie
    Expand Collapse

United States
    I never cared for that "20yearsdriving" fellow. I'll bet 25% or more of his comments are "Bingo". He claims he's never driven for uber yet some of his posts suggest differently.

Draft saved Draft deleted