Welcome to the Uber Forum!

Welcome to one of the best resources on Transportation Network Companies (TNCs)! Uber Forum is an independent and unbiased resource to discuss Uber, Lyft, Postmates, Instacart, Favor, Deliv, DoorDash and more! Uber Forum has over 4,000+ members and 100,000+ posts! Please join the Uber Forum community by signing up today! Registration is FREE and will enable you to post messages. We can't wait to see you online! :)

Pinpoint your destination?

Discussion in 'Uber Riders Forum' started by zensoul, Jul 15, 2015.

Uber Driver Promo Code | Lyft Driver Promo Code

1. zensoul

zensoul
    Expand Collapse

When I reserve a drive, the app asks for the destination but I'm only allowed to write an address it seems, is there a way to pinpoint your destination on the map similarly to how you pinpoint the pickup location?

This is very important because in some countries in Middle East (such as Saudi Arabia) where Uber is available, there are no precise addresses like in Europe or US and in some cases it's just impossible to find a destination by written address, whereas I could easily pinpoint it...

2. MileHighDriver

MileHighDriver
    Expand Collapse

I can't speak "officially" for Uber, nor is this forum authorized by Uber (and no, I am not an employee of Uber or "plant," on this or any other forum, and other than a contractor/driver and occasional passenger/customer, I have absolutely no affiliation with Uber) but here's my $.02....
    To be honest, I don't know if you can pinpoint your destination. I don't know about the middle east, but here, passengers don't have to enter a destination (guessing maybe 1/3 of my trips, the passenger doesn't enter destination); you obviously need to have one entered if you're wanting a fare estimate or something of that nature. If you're able to provide directions, that should keep your driver happy.
    $.02
    MHD

UberusMaximus likes this.
  3. zensoul

zensoul
    Expand Collapse

Thanks, that seems like a reasonable way.. to be honest I always placed a destination, but you're right it isn't necessary to actually get in the car and I can then check with the driver and give the direction..

I'll give it a try! as always the simplest solution is probably the best... thanks!

MileHighDriver likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted