Welcome to the Uber Forum!

Welcome to one of the best resources on Transportation Network Companies (TNCs)! Uber Forum is an independent and unbiased resource to discuss Uber, Lyft, Postmates, Instacart, Favor, Deliv, DoorDash and more! Uber Forum has over 3,000+ members and 100,000+ posts! Please join the Uber Forum community by signing up today! Registration is FREE and will enable you to post messages. We can't wait to see you online! :)

processing error help please??

Discussion in 'Uber Riders Forum' started by ChrisLord, Aug 21, 2015.

Uber Driver Promo Code | Lyft Driver Promo Code

1. ChrisLord

ChrisLord
    Expand Collapse

Canada
    I keep getting this error - tried reentering credit info and reload the app - no luck any ideas?

“There was an error processing your request. if this continues please reach out to support@uber.com

UberRidiculous likes this.
  2. MileHighDriver

MileHighDriver
    Expand Collapse

Have you tried hitting your phone with a hammer?????

sorry....j/k

In all seriousness, be sure you're entering the CC info with no space or "-" or anything else.
    Make sure you're entering the expiration date and CVV code correctly
    be sure to use a regular credit or debit card, not a pre-loaded debit or "gift" card.

Finally, have you reached out to support@uber.com?
    If/when you do, be sure to NOT include your CC number in the email, but you might include what kind of card it is (Visa/MC/AMEX, etc.)

This is one of those times that it's really unfortunate that Uber does not have customer service via phone. Their outsourcing of CS to Manilla doesn't help, although it is usually easier to understand what a foreign CS rep types than what they say.

$.02
    MHD

3. ChrisLord

ChrisLord
    Expand Collapse

Canada
    Thanks for your suggestions, considering the hammer option now. All the Visa and Amex numbers have been entered several times, both in the App and online via web site profile

I sent an email but no response as of yet

Open for business, but no one is home at Uber

4. MileHighDriver

MileHighDriver
    Expand Collapse

Another thing you might try is to log onto the rider app (using your ID/PW) using someone else's phone/app that works for that other person, then try entering your CC info via that phone. If things still don't work, there may be an issue of some sort with your account in general, or your CC's. When you load a CC, Uber pings the account to make sure it's valid. The CC info is stored with your profile in Uber's system and not stored on the device (unless the device has some software that captures and stores any CC info in any app).

$.02
    MHD

5. MileHighDriver

MileHighDriver
    Expand Collapse

One other thought (amazing what I can think of after driving 6 hours before going to bed on a Friday)
    Be sure you are entering any "0" in your card number, exp. date or CVV as a zero and not a "O" (letter O)
    $.O2..... wait that's not right
    $.02 ... that's better
    MHD

6. Ashish Khattar

Ashish Khattar
    Expand Collapse

India
    I also keep getting this error when I'm trying to book from my iPhone 6s.

7. MileHighDriver

MileHighDriver
    Expand Collapse

another thought is to create/update your rider account via a computer (mac/windows/linux). a tablet might work correctly if you go to their website and not try to go through the rider app for your device.
    $.02
    MHD

8. Ashish Khattar

Ashish Khattar
    Expand Collapse

India
    Well I got to know uber had put my account on hold and I checked with customer care and they have removed the hold after I send a copy of my ID and mobile number.

9. Adeodatus

Adeodatus
    Expand Collapse

Switzerland
    Error message while requesting a ride on Uber application, android phone version 6 :

"Error There was an error processing your request. If it continues, please visite help.uber.com"

I had to uninstall and reinstall Uber application. Only this resolved the issue. (Also I created a Paypal account and used it instead of my credit card.)

From help.uber.com, contact us, I received following message:

"We are working to fix this as quickly as we can, so please keep checking."

Now it works again, (what a pain. I used taxis all morning instead of Uber, since it was not working).

Draft saved Draft deleted