Welcome to the Uber Forum!

Welcome to one of the best resources on Transportation Network Companies (TNCs)! Uber Forum is an independent and unbiased resource to discuss Uber, Lyft, Postmates, Instacart, Favor, Deliv, DoorDash and more! Uber Forum has over 4,000+ members and 100,000+ posts! Please join the Uber Forum community by signing up today! Registration is FREE and will enable you to post messages. We can't wait to see you online! :)

Providing 5 star service

Discussion in 'Uber Drivers Forum' started by Harry Flashman, Jun 28, 2015.

Uber Driver Promo Code | Lyft Driver Promo Code

1. Harry Flashman

Harry Flashman
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Australia
    We all know what Uber wants us to do to provide a 5 star service to riders, But realistically, what shoud an Uber X driver do to provide a qualitiy service for under a $1.00 per mile?

Any advice or suggestons?

2. Dreamer

Dreamer
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

You raise an excellent point Harry. Frankly it is getting harder and harder to do. I don't see how it is possible under $1 per mile. There are folks that do it and are only doing it in my opinion because they have not yet fully factored in all the real costs that eventually result from putting on miles. It's not simply the immediate costs such as gas and car washes but it's the extra wear and tear on the car that will cause replacement and repair escalation, higher insurance costs, etc. I think there is a tremendous driver churn going on that we are not fully aware of. Uber is able to recruit tons of new drivers which helps offset the churn. With time there should be saturation and an equilibrium effect. Until that time my advice is to keep a clean car, greet passengers b their name, thank them for the ride, wish them off and get them to their destination in a safe manner. These tips should result in high ratings and a 5 star service. I've found providing water and gum, etc. does little to increase ratings.

3. Desert Driver

Desert Driver
    Expand Collapse

United States
    Cass, you're right on the money. Dress neatly (no tie required,) keep a clean car with a FRESH aroma, converse pleasantly, use GPS as much as possible (that way a shitty route is not your fault,) greet your paxs by name. And for the love of god, do not hand out water, gum, candy, mints, lattes, energy drinks, massages, investment advice, marital counseling, etc. You don't need the headache, the expense, or the extra cleanup.

The other thing all drivers need to understand is that the driver rating system is horribly flawed and isn't statistically valid. Because Uber collects interval data from paxs, then tries to jam that data into into an ordinal scale, the resulting driver ratings are entirely meaningless. Statistically speaking, in the current design, there is no difference between a 4.7 driver rating and a 4.99. So as long as a driver stays at or above 4.7, there is nothing to be concerned about with the whole driver ratings carnival. And, yes, Uber knows the system is horribly flawed, but Uber has also openly stated that it has no plans to change the system because "the system serves Uber very well." Translation: our flawed rating system allows us to churn drivers quickly, which is one of the cornerstones of our business model.

Draft saved Draft deleted