Welcome to the Uber Forum!

Welcome to one of the best resources on Transportation Network Companies (TNCs)! Uber Forum is an independent and unbiased resource to discuss Uber, Lyft, Postmates, Instacart, Favor, Deliv, DoorDash and more! Uber Forum has over 3,000+ members and 100,000+ posts! Please join the Uber Forum community by signing up today! Registration is FREE and will enable you to post messages. We can't wait to see you online! :)

Ride Demand

Discussion in 'Uber Drivers Forum' started by Tami528, Jul 2, 2016.

Uber Driver Promo Code | Lyft Driver Promo Code

1. Tami528

Tami528
    Expand Collapse

United States
    I live in a small town have been driving for uber since May. it is only lucrative to drive on the weekends when California people come into town; at this point anyway. So weekends are decent at night and holidays are good.
    My question is whether there is anyway to find out what the ride demand is in real time. To get the ride request I usually need to leave my house and go wait near the bars. Last night the demand was very little and waste of time. If I knew it was busy I would head down there right then..Is there a way to find out this info? (I wont just go online because if I miss a ride i'd probably screw up my promo money requirements

Thanks for answer

2. Everyknght

Everyknght
    Expand Collapse

United States
    Uber is a waste of time

3. Uber_Rat

Uber_Rat
    Expand Collapse

Obviously, if the demand is high compared to drivers available it will cause surge pricing, which can be viewed on the app even when offline. You can also use the rider app to see where the other online drivers are waiting.

4. akajime

akajime
    Expand Collapse

United States
    Two thoughts - I get an Uber report of my past activity and it shows me in a chart of the week when I was on line and shows when demand was highest during the same time period, encouraging me to alter my on line times to increase my income. The other thought is to start a campaign around town about your uber services - offer your referral code to get new users to sign up as riders and have riders let you know when they would have ride requests so that you can be online when they need you. Be aware of events around your town and let the bar staff know that you are an uber driver so that they might promote uber as a good option to patrons.

5. jholmes23

jholmes23
    Expand Collapse

United States
    I have had mild success in getting riders to sign up as drivers with my code. I have probably been trying to promote my code to riders for a year now and have had about 10 signups so far.

John Daly likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted