Welcome to the Uber Forum!

Welcome to one of the best resources on Transportation Network Companies (TNCs)! Uber Forum is an independent and unbiased resource to discuss Uber, Lyft, Postmates, Instacart, Favor, Deliv, DoorDash and more! Uber Forum has over 4,000+ members and 100,000+ posts! Please join the Uber Forum community by signing up today! Registration is FREE and will enable you to post messages. We can't wait to see you online! :)

Student Research about Uber/Lyft System - Human Centered

Discussion in 'Uber Drivers Forum' started by Diogo Galvao, Jun 22, 2015.

Uber Driver Promo Code | Lyft Driver Promo Code

1. Diogo Galvao

Diogo Galvao
    Expand Collapse

Hello everyone,

I am a Brazilian undergraduate student in Chicago and I am working on this project about the Uber/Lyft System. This is a student research project running at the IIT’s Institute of Design. The goal is to identify the core values behind the app based on demand service, from the driver’s perspective. This understanding will assist in picturing the future of the Uber/Lyft system. We would like to know and learn about the motivations and inspirations of people in this field of work. How do they ideate your carrier in a few years? How and where they provide services and who are their customers?

I am looking for the needs that the drivers/passengers have on this fields. Feel free to share whatever you want, experiences, concerns etc.

Thank you for your attention.

#1 Diogo Galvao, Jun 22, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2015
  2. ulysses x. dryvver

ulysses x. dryvver
    Expand Collapse

Much of what you seek is contained herein:

The first book about Uber-X.
    www.
    Is an ebook by a driver. Makes sense.
    In defense of a true innovation.

3. Uber Downunder

Uber Downunder
    Expand Collapse

Australia
    Hey Diogo!

Thanks for showing an interest and dropping in. We all sort of think that Uly Boy above used to walk around in a stiff dark suit knocking on doors on Sunday mornings.

He developed a real short pitch because 98 times out of 100 the door was slammed in his face and if he could just hand the grumpy home owner a little prayer card before that, he classified the visit a success.

Strangely he simply didn't recognise the opportunities when someone did show interest, handing everyone a little card turning around and running. He has found a new church now, The cut & paste spam answer is above. How bloody rude!

Diogo, the unfortunate world-wide characteristic that has unfolded as UBER's business model is one of a extraordinary company that has absolutely no concern for its drivers falling income levels.

Drivers who sign up, have endured continued rate cuts, whilst the onboarding of new drivers continues unabated. Drivers who actually invested in UBER with a new car are in particularly bad shape. Having to double their work hours to maintain takings and pay for neccesary maintenance.

In my 29 years of working in the ground transport industry (taxis, couriers, private hire, tourist coaches) I have never witnessed an organisation so happy to profit from the collective misery it enforces onto its workers.

Maybe an African diamond mine or a construction site in Qatar would have worse examples of corporate abuse of its workforce - but to witness UBER's cruel deceptions, total disregard for the safety of its riders and drivers and unabated greed has been a breathtaking example of the worst corporate culture I have ever experienced.

Draft saved Draft deleted