Welcome to the Uber Forum!

Welcome to one of the best resources on Transportation Network Companies (TNCs)! Uber Forum is an independent and unbiased resource to discuss Uber, Lyft, Postmates, Instacart, Favor, Deliv, DoorDash and more! Uber Forum has over 4,000+ members and 100,000+ posts! Please join the Uber Forum community by signing up today! Registration is FREE and will enable you to post messages. We can't wait to see you online! :)

Student Research about Uber/Lyft System - Human Centered

Discussion in 'Uber Drivers Forum' started by Diogo Galvao, Jun 22, 2015.

Uber Driver Promo Code | Lyft Driver Promo Code

1. Diogo Galvao

Diogo Galvao
    Expand Collapse

Hello everyone,

I am a Brazilian undergraduate student here in Chicago I am working on this project about the Uber/Lyft System. This is a student research project running at the IIT’s Institute of Design. The goal is to identify the core values behind the app based on demand service, from the driver’s perspective. This understanding will assist in picturing the future of the Uber/Lyft system. We would like to know and learn about the motivations and inspirations of people in this field of work. How do they ideate your carrier in a few years? How and where they provide services and who are their customers?

I am looking for what are the needs of passengers/drivers. What they would like to change or add. Feel free to share whatever you want experiences, concerns etc.

Thank you

2. Uber Downunder

Uber Downunder
    Expand Collapse

Australia
    UBERX has an unsustainable business model. Dropping rates coupled with unfettered onboarding of new drivers sucked in by deceptive UBER marketing, is seeing huge turnover of drivers in many markets.

Drivers are handing over equity in their cars to UBER, whose very public aim is to crush regulated and licensed transport services such as Taxis and Private Hire Vehicles. As UBER builds market share on back of hardworking underpaid UBERX drivers, the cars depreciate at a acceleratesd rate. This silent cost is overlooked by Private Motorists. Being a UBER Black operator I know that if I couldn't claim back vehicle depreciation then my losses would be huge.

3. Comic

Comic
    Expand Collapse

I would say the fundamental thing Uber and Lyft and any other ridesharing app provides is trust. This is for the drivers and for the riders since there is a rating system for both. If the driver does something wrong, the rider has the appropriate contact details and can get in contact with uber, etc. right away. Similarly if the rider does something wrong their information has been caputured by the system and it won't be long before law enforcement take action should it be warranted. So these ridesharing apps provide trust which is why they are used so much.

Draft saved Draft deleted