Welcome to the Uber Forum!

Welcome to one of the best resources on Transportation Network Companies (TNCs)! Uber Forum is an independent and unbiased resource to discuss Uber, Lyft, Postmates, Instacart, Favor, Deliv, DoorDash and more! Uber Forum has over 4,000+ members and 100,000+ posts! Please join the Uber Forum community by signing up today! Registration is FREE and will enable you to post messages. We can't wait to see you online! :)

Surge Pricing

Discussion in 'Uber Drivers Forum' started by MileHighDriver, Jul 20, 2015.

Uber Driver Promo Code | Lyft Driver Promo Code

1. MileHighDriver

MileHighDriver
    Expand Collapse

I can't speak "officially" for Uber (blah blah blah).....

I picked up a passenger a few nights ago when his location was on 4.0 surge. When he gave me his destination (after I said, "Cha-ching!" in my head), he told me he was a new Uber customer on his 2nd or 3rd trip.

The $20 non-surge fare multiplied quite nicely. Passenger groaned,"I guess I won't be doing that again!" when he saw the price come up at the end of the ride.

We all know that passengers are notified of surge multipliers when they request a ride and that the "fare estimate" takes surge multiplier into effect when calculating the estimated fare.

All that said, plus the fact that the passenger was a "newbie," do you feel that I had a moral/ethical obligation to remind/inform the passenger that surge pricing is in effect? Would you inform the passenger under similar circumstances?

BTW, I didn't say anything at the start of the ride but did say that we were on surge when he got the total at the end.

Personally, I don't feel any need to inform passenger of surge pricing in any instance. Passengers used to have to type in the multiplier (2.5 or whatever) to request a pickup while in surge pricing. Not anymore.

Your thoughts?
    $.08
    MHD

#1 MileHighDriver, Jul 20, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2015
Draft saved Draft deleted