Welcome to the Uber Forum!

Welcome to one of the best resources on Transportation Network Companies (TNCs)! Uber Forum is an independent and unbiased resource to discuss Uber, Lyft, Postmates, Instacart, Favor, Deliv, DoorDash and more! Uber Forum has over 4,000+ members and 100,000+ posts! Please join the Uber Forum community by signing up today! Registration is FREE and will enable you to post messages. We can't wait to see you online! :)

The Good & The Bad - would you invite them back if you had a choice?

Discussion in 'Uber Drivers Forum' started by Uber Downunder, Jun 18, 2015.

Uber Driver Promo Code | Lyft Driver Promo Code

?

Are UBER Riders becoming Nicer and more sympathetic to UBER drivers or not?

Poll closed Aug 6, 2015.
  1. Yes UBER Riders Are getting nicer

33.3%
  2. No the novelty has worn off, Uber Riders are getting worse

66.7%
  1. Uber Downunder

Uber Downunder
    Expand Collapse

Australia
    Hello All! I've just been made aware by @ulysses x. dryvver that he has had a magnificent run with wonderful riders. That is truly terrific. It's a tough job on the streets, and picking up the diverse crossection of the community that Uber serves is made really easy when riders are cool and considerate.

Now Uly-Boy has quoted out of 3000 trips only 2 would be unwelcome repeat riders. That is a truly stunning ratio. That is fantastic and would make his life on the road so much better.

I'm figuring that perhaps he works Salt Lake City and is surrounded by thousands of God-fearing Mormons who are always so nice. But the last I heard is that Mormons got on their pushbikes for a five dollar ride!

So share with everybody your personal ratio of good to bad and if you feel Riders are getting nicer and more sensitive to the hard low paid work UBER drivers do for them.

2. Uber Downunder

Uber Downunder
    Expand Collapse

Australia
    Bouncing the post

3. Milady de Winter

Milady de Winter
    Expand Collapse

Australia
    About 50% of the uber riders i had were offensive in some way, however, as a chauffeur, i could say i have been a little bit spoilt, most of our private clients are really nice. And i guess having uberers after that makes me a bit sensitive...although i did pick up a private client last night who was a complete pig. It made me think of something my mum says... "pet ( she says) it just goes to prove money cannot buy class."

having said that it would not surprise me that by making the rates so low uber is catching up bus travellers in its net.

4. Uber Downunder

Uber Downunder
    Expand Collapse

Australia
    Like most things, if you lower the "entry cost" then you lower the socio-demographic of the folk who come through the door.

The vast majority of Uber riders ARE ok, BUT like you say, the folk who pay full freight for a pre-booking, limo service and not just avoiding Cabs are more considerate.

When I say "ok" I'm including the many who barely acknowledge your existence once they sit down and then simply lose themselves in their smartphone.

But that is an important part of the Uber conditioning process before the advent of driverless cars when riders who have lost the art of conversation won't feel so awkward when riding with a Robot.

5. Harry Flashman

Harry Flashman
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Australia
    the man must have the patience of a saint or he is a self driven vehicle

6. ulysses x. dryvver

ulysses x. dryvver
    Expand Collapse

No saint, but patience is a virtue I try to practice.
    Especially with people I have solicited to pay me for my services.

7. MileHighDriver

MileHighDriver
    Expand Collapse

I can't speak "officially" for Uber, nor is this forum authorized by Uber (and no, I am not an employee of Uber or "plant," on this or any other forum, and other than a contractor/driver and occasional passenger/customer, I have absolutely no affiliation with Uber) but here's my $.02....

I would guess that, with over 2400 trips under my (seat) belt, there are maybe 100 riders that I would classify as, "if you intend to get back in my car, I will accelerate from the curb at a high rate of speed, regardless of whether you, or any body part of you, is actually in my car!" Granted, I have a fairly high tolerance of douchebags but I do have limits on what I will put up with.

1. People who will open a bottle of ice-cold water (provided at no charge by me), take one sip, put the cap back on and stick it back in the seat pocket, waiting to pass their contagions to the next unsuspecting passenger.
    2. Passengers who don't give me a specific address (or even an intersection), instead simply say, "Turn right, turn left on Main Street, turn left here," and then bitch about how I passed their house/destination.
    3. Most of the college kids from a local university that I alluded to in another post on this forum.
    4. Every passenger that drops an "F-bomb," more than 1x every 5 words (I have to spray the inside of the car with Lysol to get rid of their vocal stench).
    I have "little" issue with those who fall asleep in the back seat (as long as I have their destination) and the few that have had the decency to get out of, or at least lean out the door of, the car while they puke their Saturday evening liquid intake all over the road.

$.02
    MHD

PS. and yes, I think the novelty has worn off....

Milady de Winter likes this.
  8. MileHighDriver

MileHighDriver
    Expand Collapse

I can't speak "officially" for Uber, nor is this forum authorized by Uber (and no, I am not an employee of Uber or "plant," on this or any other forum, and other than a contractor/driver and occasional passenger/customer, I have absolutely no affiliation with Uber) but here's my $.02....
    Agreed. As Uber(x) has become more and more popular and rates continue to go down (questionable business model but that's for another post), the mean (average) "quality" of our passenger base has gone down. We still have plenty of nice riders but they are losing ground to the douchebags. I'm sure some of our riders forget that we drive our own cars, not part of some 300-vehicle fleet (like some taxi services or city bus companies) and that most of us are trying to leave a good impression on those riders.

I usually end each of my trips reminding people to make sure they have their phones, purses, etc. (which a lot of people compliment me on saying, btw) and then say, "Thank you very much for using Uber!" I'm getting to the point with some of these morons, to do my best Elvis impersonation (which isn't very good, lol) of saying,"Thank you...." except replacing "Thank you," with "F*** you!" When said very quickly, it almost sounds like one of the Minions toys from McDonald's...

$.02
    MHD

Draft saved Draft deleted