Welcome to the Uber Forum!

Welcome to one of the best resources on Transportation Network Companies (TNCs)! Uber Forum is an independent and unbiased resource to discuss Uber, Lyft, Postmates, Instacart, Favor, Deliv, DoorDash and more! Uber Forum has over 4,000+ members and 100,000+ posts! Please join the Uber Forum community by signing up today! Registration is FREE and will enable you to post messages. We can't wait to see you online! :)

This app and the drivers are beyond me totally.

Discussion in 'Uber Riders Forum' started by fane, Mar 10, 2018.

Uber Driver Promo Code | Lyft Driver Promo Code

1. fane

fane
    Expand Collapse

Romania
    I've been riding uber for 3 weeks, every driver i've had so far is good. I had no accident, not issues at all with any of the drivers, i tip them with 3$ up to 5$ or if i really liked the ride i give them 10$ + 5 stars, obviously. But i just don't get it how is my rating 4.42, i engage in conversations with them, almost all the time, i'm very polite and with a soft and calm voice. I buckle up when i'm seating front, sometimes i don't close the door properly because i don't want to slam it and i have never made my Uber driver wait for me, not even a single minute. What am i doing wrong? I've had a couple of short trips indeed but they are at late hours between 9-10PM and Bucharest,Romania is a very dangerous city at these specific hours so in order to arrive safely home i call an uber, i obviously compensate with the in-app tipping at the end of the ride. I just don't understand, it's completely beyond me. I try to be a decent human being in their car and i think i am + i tip all of them + 5 stars but now my rating just went from 4.80 to 4.42...

#1 fane, Mar 10, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2018
  2. maximizer

maximizer
    Expand Collapse

United States
    Funny. My rating is 5.00. I ride mostly in the US, and don't ride often, tip maybe half the time, if that. Always sit in the back and don't engage in conversation much, although I am generally polite and say thank you and have a nice day, I'm just not much of a talker.

Maybe Bucharest drivers are especially demanding :)

Also I thought I read that tips are anonymous and they are not supposed to be able to rate you based on your tip, but i'm not 100% sure of this. Also Europeans don't generally expect a large tip (yours sound generous for Europe), although maybe Uber is changing that?

Draft saved Draft deleted