Welcome to the Uber Forum!

Welcome to one of the best resources on Transportation Network Companies (TNCs)! Uber Forum is an independent and unbiased resource to discuss Uber, Lyft, Postmates, Instacart, Favor, Deliv, DoorDash and more! Uber Forum has over 4,000+ members and 100,000+ posts! Please join the Uber Forum community by signing up today! Registration is FREE and will enable you to post messages. We can't wait to see you online! :)

Training Passengers in how Uber works...

Discussion in 'Uber Drivers Forum' started by MileHighDriver, Jun 14, 2015.

Uber Driver Promo Code | Lyft Driver Promo Code

1. MileHighDriver

MileHighDriver
    Expand Collapse

I've been told many times by riders that Uber is so much better than a taxi, for all the reasons everyone here knows: (usually) clean cars, seeing where the driver is on the way to the pickup location, CC is already in place and no arguing with taxi driver about charging the fare, etc., etc., etc.

My BIGGEST gripe is with riders who make us wait (even for a couple of minutes) while they say their goodbyes in front of the bar, leave trash including partially consumed water bottles (that either I provided or they brought with them) in the back seat, tracking mud (which in some cases is unavoidable).

There's a college neighborhood in my city that I'm almost at the point of not accepting pickups in that area because I feel the typical college passenger (in that area) thinks we are the "hired help," just like the maids and servants from their homes and can treat us like white trash.

I think that Uber needs to have a better way to educate the passengers about:
    • Being ready to go when they request a ride and when the car arrives.
    • Looking at the pin to determine if the pickup location is indeed where the passenger is located
      • Lack of sobriety and just plain stupidity are the main causes of this issue.
    • How surge pricing works.
    I know that I'm in a customer service position and my job is to get the rider safely from A to B and not be a hard-ass about things the passenger does wrong (like not being ready to go when the ride shows up).

Generally I give 99% of my riders 5 stars unless they're a major PITA. I'm thinking that I should be more critical of passengers when they're not ready to go, too stupid to know that when the Police Department closes the street where their bar is located, that I can't drive to the front door and pick them up (that happens a lot here), or ask me (via phone or text) what kind of car am I driving. How can I "politely" tell the passenger to "....look for [my type of car], my license plates as displayed on the rider app, you moron!!!"?

This has been a "vent" for me; somewhat disorganized but I got a lot of things off of my mind.

#1 MileHighDriver, Jun 14, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2015
  2. Throckmorton Subterfuge

Throckmorton Subterfuge
    Expand Collapse

United States
    Hi @MHD, "Two Sheds" with my
    two cents. THEY DON'T CARE!!

I suggest that You revisit North
    Korea.net and read the ENTIRETY
    of a Feb. 20th"Complaints" Thread
    by a departing "Ex-CSR with Equity"
    john djjjoe who in No UncertainTerms
    schooled ALL of UPNF on "How Little
    Drivers Matter":
    http://uberpeopledotnet/posts/

John reinforces that T.K.&Co. see
    Drivers as a Commodity......like a
    Fresh Roll of Toilet Paper: Vital for
    "Daily Business". But afterwards..
    disgusting, disposable and forget-
    able. His tone and tenor : Haughty,
    Officious and Condescending. His

#2 Throckmorton Subterfuge, Jul 8, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2015
  3. UberusMaximus

UberusMaximus
    Expand Collapse

I prefer voice contact. Things move more smoothly when you actually communicate. I have had success explaining my dilemma and arranging a alternate pick up spot.

MileHighDriver likes this.
  4. MileHighDriver

MileHighDriver
    Expand Collapse

I can't speak "officially" for Uber, nor is this forum authorized by Uber (and no, I am not an employee of Uber or "plant," on this or any other forum, and other than a contractor/driver and occasional passenger/customer, I have absolutely no affiliation with Uber) but here's my $.02....
    So do I. One issue I've discovered is that the Uber phone anonymizing (sp?) system masks my number (as well as the pax number) and the pax may not realize that this number calling them from another area code is indeed the driver calling, so they choose to ignore the call. On the other hand, they may be inclined to read a text message. Maybe "a technology company" could figure out a way that, when the rider app is open, passenger is "connected" to a ride and is waiting for their car, and an incoming call comes in that caller ID says is from the driver (via anonymizing system), a popup would display overlaying the incoming phone call on rider phone saying "Incoming call from your UBER driver."

Don't know if that makes sense (morning coffee hasn't yet taken effect.

$.02
    MHD

5. Throckmorton Subterfuge

Throckmorton Subterfuge
    Expand Collapse

United States
    WELL OF COURSE IT
    DOES! But lowest prio
    rity is Improvement$
    for "Commodity"a/k/a
    the Drivers. Emperor
    A◇◇hat is "Cash Sta-