Welcome to the Uber Forum!

Welcome to one of the best resources on Transportation Network Companies (TNCs)! Uber Forum is an independent and unbiased resource to discuss Uber, Lyft, Postmates, Instacart, Favor, Deliv, DoorDash and more! Uber Forum has over 4,000+ members and 100,000+ posts! Please join the Uber Forum community by signing up today! Registration is FREE and will enable you to post messages. We can't wait to see you online! :)

UBER Account HACKED

Discussion in 'Uber Riders Forum' started by Uber Rider 2304, Nov 25, 2016.

Uber Driver Promo Code | Lyft Driver Promo Code

1. Uber Rider 2304

Uber Rider 2304
    Expand Collapse

United States
    Hi Riders, My UBER account was hacked. It has been really difficult getting and understanding what UBER Support is doing. This is what happened ... have you had the same or similar issue? Lets hear your stories.. I am hoping that we can get better support from UBER ....

1. Get a message on phone that someone is trying to change UBER password..
    2. head to UBER site can my password is unknown... Try to change it by using my e-mail address
    3. Password change note does not come to my e-mail.. try this a few times.. same deal - yes not even in spam.
    4. go to UBER help site - go to account unaccessible link and follow instruction..
    5. go to e-mail, and yes i get this e-mail, confirm it is me to request the help
    6. get an e-mail asking whats going on from UBER Support
    7. Get an e-mail saying that the ticket is close as the support guy told me to change the password which i already tried and Uber systems let me down.
    In the mean time rides were added to my account in China, and the UK. I of course cancelled my credit card.

I am still without UBER ... Now I have moved to LYFT but i would like to know what happened and use uber for its services..

Let me know UBER else i can stay with Lyft.

2. MileHighDriver

MileHighDriver
    Expand Collapse

That's very unfortunate that your account was hacked. What's worse is that (at least in USA) Uber support has been outsourced to an agency in Manilla and many times all these support people can do is interpret your message and reply based on a preset script. Whether they actually have the ability to reset your account remains to be seen.

$.02
    MHD

Draft saved Draft deleted