Welcome to the Uber Forum!

Welcome to one of the best resources on Transportation Network Companies (TNCs)! Uber Forum is an independent and unbiased resource to discuss Uber, Lyft, Postmates, Instacart, Favor, Deliv, DoorDash and more! Uber Forum has over 4,000+ members and 100,000+ posts! Please join the Uber Forum community by signing up today! Registration is FREE and will enable you to post messages. We can't wait to see you online! :)

Uber and Farmers Insurance are partnering up

Discussion in 'Uber Drivers Forum' started by tfarmers, May 7, 2015.

Uber Driver Promo Code | Lyft Driver Promo Code

1. tfarmers

tfarmers
    Expand Collapse

I want to be clear, I am NOT soliciting or selling, but Informing my fellow Uber drivers that by the end of May, Farmers Insurance will be offering a special endorsement on personal auto policies for drivers like us. I am a Farmers Agent and Uber Driver and wanted to help spread the word. I am all about options, so I am giving everyone an option to be properly covered in the event of an accident. Even when the app is on but not on a request or ride. I will update throughout the month with more details as they become available.

2. UberKurtDesMoines

UberKurtDesMoines
    Expand Collapse

My State Farm agent assured me that I am fully covered with my regular auto policy. Any info you have to the contrary would be helpful.

3. tfarmers

tfarmers
    Expand Collapse

With State Farm,you are covered as long as you drive for Uber less than 50% of your total miles, which is kinda hard to prove but thats their rule.

4. UberKurtDesMoines

UberKurtDesMoines
    Expand Collapse

Really? I'll double check with my agent. Thanks.

5. tfarmers

tfarmers
    Expand Collapse

Ya might as well double check, that was just what i have been told.

6. UberKurtDesMoines

UberKurtDesMoines
    Expand Collapse

I spoke to an agent in my agent's office and they are double checking with underwriter.

7. UberKurtDesMoines

UberKurtDesMoines
    Expand Collapse

TFarmers,

You are correct. The State Farm underwriter told my agent that they DO NOT COVER drivers using their personal car for hire. Even though I have been with State Farm for 35 years and have their top coverage.

She was really sorry I was given misinformation. It's a good thing I'm a safe driver or I could have been really screwed.

Thanks for your help.

Kurt in Des Moines

8. tfarmers

tfarmers
    Expand Collapse

You are in a different state also. I am in California, it might be different here.

9. UberKurtDesMoines

UberKurtDesMoines
    Expand Collapse

Should I find a local independent agent to quote me insurance? Can you quote me insurance?

I think the city of Des Moines is requiring Uber to cover drivers in our market up to $1 million. But I'm not sure. Getting the facts is really frustrating.

10. tfarmers

tfarmers
    Expand Collapse

No you will have to fin a local agent. I am California Specific. As far as California goes, you have to have a livery endorsement on your auto policy with Liability limits of 50/100/100 or greater by June 1st. Farmers will be the only Major company beside that smaller metro-mile insurance.

UberKurtDesMoines likes this.
  11. UberKurtDesMoines

UberKurtDesMoines
    Expand Collapse

Thanks

Draft saved Draft deleted