Welcome to the Uber Forum!

Welcome to one of the best resources on Transportation Network Companies (TNCs)! Uber Forum is an independent and unbiased resource to discuss Uber, Lyft, Postmates, Instacart, Favor, Deliv, DoorDash and more! Uber Forum has over 4,000+ members and 100,000+ posts! Please join the Uber Forum community by signing up today! Registration is FREE and will enable you to post messages. We can't wait to see you online! :)

UBER Apps, Don't Ping Me To Far

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by UberDriver1688, Sep 27, 2015.

Uber Driver Promo Code | Lyft Driver Promo Code

1. UberDriver1688

UberDriver1688
    Expand Collapse

United States
    Hi, Uber Manager and Technical Designers

As Uber Driver , We often got ping from far away customer like 7--10+ miles , Driver have to drive over 10 Miles
    to Pick up Riders,while riders only ride mile or two , In this case Why Uber Don't charge extra Pick up fees , like
    $10 USD. or $15 USD ? We can't affordable to drive over 10 mile for free . Or redesign UBER apps , Don't Ping Over 4 mile's Driver .

2. HEnry

HEnry
    Expand Collapse

United States
    I drive in Dallas and I often get pinged as I'm leaving Love field for locations either in Downtown Dallas or Uptown... I obviously refuse these trips

UberRidiculous likes this.
  3. UberRidiculous

UberRidiculous
    Expand Collapse

@UberDriver1688 please do not accept pings that are too far away. Uber doesn't care if drivers are profitable. It is each and every driver's own responsibility to operate your independent business in a manner that is profitable to you. I would suggest calling or texting the passenger to ask their destination before making a commitment to drive too far to pick them up. If you get a ping 10 miles away and the passenger is only going down the road a mile, it is going to cost you money, not make you money. If they are only going a short distance, tell them you are too far, and to please cancel the trip so they don't get charged a fee and request again, so a closer driver can pick them up.

Milady de Winter and Lidman like this.
  4. Lidman

Lidman
    Expand Collapse

I wonder if uber even has a cutoff point. For example (hypothetically) if you got a ping that was more then lets say 5 +miles away, would it count against your cancellation %. The other thing is though I can understand why most cab companies/uber, etc, don't like to disclose the destination of the pax (due to cherry picking), I wouldn't mind going several miles to a pickup if i know it was going to be a decent fare. Heck I don't even mind short fares as long as I don't have to put a lot of "dead miles" in to them.

5. Harry Flashman

Harry Flashman
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Australia
    I used love watching a ping go begging when it was too far way. On a few occasions when there were three or four drivers parked together we would here the ping go from driver to driver.

UberRidiculous likes this.
  6. Lidman

Lidman
    Expand Collapse

Did you guys evenually draw straws or flip a coin over the ping?

7. Harry Flashman

Harry Flashman
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Australia
    three of us ignored it the fourth went and got his minimum fare

Draft saved Draft deleted