Welcome to the Uber Forum!

Welcome to one of the best resources on Transportation Network Companies (TNCs)! Uber Forum is an independent and unbiased resource to discuss Uber, Lyft, Postmates, Instacart, Favor, Deliv, DoorDash and more! Uber Forum has over 4,000+ members and 100,000+ posts! Please join the Uber Forum community by signing up today! Registration is FREE and will enable you to post messages. We can't wait to see you online! :)

Uber Begins Accepting Cash Payments In Four More Cities In India | TechCrunch - TechCrunch

Discussion in 'TNC News' started by TNC News, Jul 21, 2015.

Uber Driver Promo Code | Lyft Driver Promo Code

1. TNC News

TNC News
    Expand Collapse

Top Poster Of Month

2. MileHighDriver

MileHighDriver
    Expand Collapse

I can't speak "officially" for Uber, nor is this forum authorized by Uber (and no, I am not an employee of Uber or "plant," on this or any other forum, and other than a contractor/driver and occasional passenger/customer, I have absolutely no affiliation with Uber) but here's my $.02....
    I have mixed feelings about this. Conceptually its a good idea. I suppose that drivers would need some way to enter "Cash Paid!" on the app when a ride is finished. This may help multiple riders to split the fare rather via cash instead of splitting through the passenger app. I think that having the cash opportunity will encourage more drivers to accept street hails and completely bypass the Uber system, which could lead to insurance issues when drivers are free-lancing. "I'm an Uber driver (see the U in the windshield?) but my phone is not working; I'll take you but you'll have to pay cash." Rider gets in, they're merrily on their way to the destination, meanwhile the car originally given the pickup request arrives, can't find the passenger and cancels "Rider no-show," passenger is charged cancellation fee, etc.​

I'm all for giving riders the opportunity to tip via the rider app (similar to what Lyft does) as long as Uber agrees to not take 20% (or whatever %) of the tip.

$.02 (will this be cash or charge?)
    MHD

Draft saved Draft deleted