Welcome to the Uber Forum!

Welcome to one of the best resources on Transportation Network Companies (TNCs)! Uber Forum is an independent and unbiased resource to discuss Uber, Lyft, Postmates, Instacart, Favor, Deliv, DoorDash and more! Uber Forum has over 3,000+ members and 100,000+ posts! Please join the Uber Forum community by signing up today! Registration is FREE and will enable you to post messages. We can't wait to see you online! :)

Uber Driver scams and level of customer service dropping

Discussion in 'Uber Riders Forum' started by Pool Raider, Sep 1, 2016.

Uber Driver Promo Code | Lyft Driver Promo Code

1. Pool Raider

Pool Raider
    Expand Collapse

United States
    I have been using Uber and Lyft pool options for the last few months, twice a day. I use it to get to woirk and back home in the afternoons and it has been working out quite well so far. However, in the recent weeks I had 3 drivers who attempted to scam me for whatever reason. In the last 3 weeks, I had to report 2 attempts of driver marking my trip as a +1, during the ride. Problem is, I always commute to work and back alone and never had anyone else with me. Also, on one occasion a couple weeks ago, a driver charged me a cleaning fee of $40 and provided a photo of a mess I had nothing to do with. His car was very very clean during my trip and I even made a comment to him how nice his car was, looking all around from top to bottom. I am a professional and wear clean clothes to work and home. I have never made a mess in an uber or a lyft car, because I understand its someones vehicle.

I have had these 3 charges reversed with an apology from Uber. However, it seems like these scams are on an increase. In case of +1 adjustment it only costs a $1, so perhaps the drivers think they found a way to tip themselves. Too bad I get this charge reversed and give them 1 star for being a dirty scammer. Still, 3 scam attempts in 3 weeks seems a bit excessive. Not to mention, my rating is 4.8 out of 5, so somehow me being ready, clean and easy going isn't enough to get a good rating as a passanger. Uber better get this under control, their drivers are slipping and its noticeable.

2. Chump Change Uber

Chump Change Uber
    Expand Collapse

United States
    You ride Uber Stool and you get what you pay for. Drivers don't like it cuz they do all the work and Uber steals all the money from them.

3. Peacherino

Peacherino
    Expand Collapse

United States
    Tried Uber for first time. Uber did not show up. Canceled account.

Tayna95 likes this.
  4. Tayna95

Tayna95
    Expand Collapse

United States
    How about the uber "shortcut"? Where they take you the long way to rack up fare. Or my other favourite. They will say they picked you up, 5 minutes before they actually arrive! That makes them as bad as taxis.

5. Uber_Rat

Uber_Rat
    Expand Collapse

Both of those situations should be promptly reported via the app to Uber Support. The trip will be reviewed and adjusted accordingly.

6. Tayna95

Tayna95
    Expand Collapse

United States
    How does one do this?

I think you are the same poster that answered other questions.

It seems there are many features in my uber interface that I do not have...

7. Uber_Rat

Uber_Rat
    Expand Collapse

Go to your menu, select "Your Trips". Select the appropriate trip and request a fare review.

Tayna95 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted