Welcome to the Uber Forum!

Welcome to one of the best resources on Transportation Network Companies (TNCs)! Uber Forum is an independent and unbiased resource to discuss Uber, Lyft, Postmates, Instacart, Favor, Deliv, DoorDash and more! Uber Forum has over 4,000+ members and 100,000+ posts! Please join the Uber Forum community by signing up today! Registration is FREE and will enable you to post messages. We can't wait to see you online! :)

Uber Drivers Vs Taxi Drivers

Discussion in 'Uber Drivers Forum' started by Harry Flashman, Jul 17, 2015.

Uber Driver Promo Code | Lyft Driver Promo Code

1. Harry Flashman

Harry Flashman
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Australia
    Over the past year I have heard and read a lot about the division between Taxi drivers and Uber drivers.

What I really like is that so far here on the Uber Forum, I have seen no such volatile activity or commentary so far, and I hope that it can stay that way.

I am luckier than some, having been a Cab Driver, an Uber driver and a driver and operator of chauffeur vehicles I can see arguments from all sides.

To all new Uber drivers, please show respect for any cabbie who joins our forum to provide points of view or opinions that may be valuable to the forum. Many cabbies have seen stuff that will curl your toes so heed their warnings and take their advice when necessary, most of these guys have been trained on what to do in difficult situations, have encountered them and lived to tell the tale.

Whether you agree with the medallions or not, cabbies were the first ones out there doing this job and rightly uber drivers can be seen as the interlopers stealing their work.

To all Taxi Drivers, please show tolerance to our TNC members. Many of them have been lured to the transport industry seeking dreams of riches that do not materialize. Some are desperate and just need this to exist, and some want to find out what it is all about.

However many quickly realize that it is a tough and thankless slog, then there are the spewers, the abusive, the demanding and the reasonable.

The Taxi drivers can be their mentors, and hopefully in the end these drivers will give you the respect you deserve for undertaking such a role on a full time basis.

Here it would be great to see all drivers get along and learn from and help each other.

Draft saved Draft deleted