Welcome to the Uber Forum!

Welcome to one of the best resources on Transportation Network Companies (TNCs)! Uber Forum is an independent and unbiased resource to discuss Uber, Lyft, Postmates, Instacart, Favor, Deliv, DoorDash and more! Uber Forum has over 4,000+ members and 100,000+ posts! Please join the Uber Forum community by signing up today! Registration is FREE and will enable you to post messages. We can't wait to see you online! :)

Uber fail!

Discussion in 'Uber Riders Forum' started by Freddi Price, Jun 2, 2015.

Uber Driver Promo Code | Lyft Driver Promo Code

1. Freddi Price

Freddi Price
    Expand Collapse

So I recently signed up as a new, first time Uber customer with the $30 off first ride and set up my payment card and validated the app.
    Today I attempted to order a car in New York from Brooklyn to the Newark airport many times with the app. I kept getting payment error, "scan card" message on my perfect valid MasterCard. I scanned the card, added another Visa card, tried my Google Wallet. Over and over again with the same error message, waiting precious time and then money towards getting to my plane! Uber completely failed me, worsened by the fact that you cannot order in advance of need!
    This has been a terrible first time user experience! I use all these payment methods almost daily with no problem as they are perfectly valid and up to date cards.
    No thank you, Uber!!

2. KGB7

KGB7
    Expand Collapse

Have you tried walking? Its much cheaper and healthier.

3. Harry Flashman

Harry Flashman
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Australia
    It is always best to pre book a proffessional service with something as important as an airport trip.

4. MileHighDriver

MileHighDriver
    Expand Collapse

Or at the very least, try the app and go for a ride when you're not under any serious deadline like flight departure; make sure things work properly.

MHD

5. Uber Downunder

Uber Downunder
    Expand Collapse

Australia
    Funny that! I am both a rider and driver on Uber. Have booked dozens of X and Black trips in my time. I had to update my card details lightly and it took 3 to 4 weeks of silly useless emails to support to get it fixed.

It worked fine for a couple of weeks till my wife tried to use it again yesterday only to be met with the same message you are getting. You need to remember Uber is not a transport company it is a tech knowledge E company. But not a very good one.

Draft saved Draft deleted