Welcome to the Uber Forum!

Welcome to one of the best resources on Transportation Network Companies (TNCs)! Uber Forum is an independent and unbiased resource to discuss Uber, Lyft, Postmates, Instacart, Favor, Deliv, DoorDash and more! Uber Forum has over 4,000+ members and 100,000+ posts! Please join the Uber Forum community by signing up today! Registration is FREE and will enable you to post messages. We can't wait to see you online! :)

Uber Help

Discussion in 'Uber Riders Forum' started by Oliviathegreat, Jul 24, 2018.

Uber Driver Promo Code | Lyft Driver Promo Code

1. Oliviathegreat

Oliviathegreat
    Expand Collapse

United States
    A couple of months ago my husband and I noticed that someone took 3 Uber rides using his debit card. He hadn't used Uber in about 3 years so we knew he got hacked. He immediately checked his Uber account but the new rides weren't showing up at all, just that one ride he took all those years ago. He called the bank and reported fraud. Eventually, they refunded our money and sent hubby a new card.

Then today, we wake up to see another 3 Uber rides on our account, this time with his new card. He again goes to the Uber account and there's no indication of those 3 rides. Only ride showing is still the one legitimate ride he took years ago.

At this point, we're asking our bank to block all Uber purchases from now on but I have a couple of questions for you guys:

1. How are these "hackers" able to access hubby's new card number?

2. Why aren't these rides showing up on my husband's Uber account when he logs in?
    It's so strange that this keeps happening. We're hoping the bank blocking Uber will prevent it even when hubby gets a new card (again).

#1 Oliviathegreat, Jul 24, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2018
Draft saved Draft deleted