Welcome to the Uber Forum!

Welcome to one of the best resources on Transportation Network Companies (TNCs)! Uber Forum is an independent and unbiased resource to discuss Uber, Lyft, Postmates, Instacart, Favor, Deliv, DoorDash and more! Uber Forum has over 4,000+ members and 100,000+ posts! Please join the Uber Forum community by signing up today! Registration is FREE and will enable you to post messages. We can't wait to see you online! :)

Uber Is Now Testing “Suggested Pickup Points”

Discussion in 'Uber Drivers Forum' started by Dreamer, Jul 8, 2015.

Uber Driver Promo Code | Lyft Driver Promo Code

1. Dreamer

Dreamer
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Uber is going to tell you where you should get picked up. The company is testing a feature called “Suggested Pickup Points” in San Francisco.

When dragging the pickup pin, the feature explains that passengers can “save time at these locations”, and shows places nearby where it would quicker for the driver to pick them up. Users can drop their pin on these green dots, see the address, and then walk there to shorten their wait time.

Only some users are seeing the test, though it’s appeared on iOS for uberPool, uberX, and Uber Black Car.

The suggestions pop up extremely quickly as you drag your pin around, which makes it feel satisfying rather that annoying. The design seems intuitive enough not to baffle users, even if Uber extends it to less smartphone-savvy locales.

More..

2. Harry Flashman

Harry Flashman
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Australia
    getting more and more like a taxi service

3. DodgesTheSun

DodgesTheSun
    Expand Collapse

United States
    Kind of defeats the purpose of Uber, The whole 'im lazy let me tap this button and have you pick me up without moving a muscle' is kind of what made them what they are today.

I wonder how this would play into surges too. Would their suggested points try to avoid surges....Yeah...no....In fact I'd assume the opposite, Probably turn into surge death traps.

4. Uber Driver

Uber Driver
    Expand Collapse

Wouldn't it help Drivers to get more riders?

5. Harry Flashman

Harry Flashman
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Australia
    it would possibly create more issues with riders getting in the wrong car.

Draft saved Draft deleted