Welcome to the Uber Forum!

Welcome to one of the best resources on Transportation Network Companies (TNCs)! Uber Forum is an independent and unbiased resource to discuss Uber, Lyft, Postmates, Instacart, Favor, Deliv, DoorDash and more! Uber Forum has over 4,000+ members and 100,000+ posts! Please join the Uber Forum community by signing up today! Registration is FREE and will enable you to post messages. We can't wait to see you online! :)

uber people has gone to the dogs

Discussion in 'Uber Drivers Forum' started by Orlando Uber Driver, Jan 27, 2015.

Uber Driver Promo Code | Lyft Driver Promo Code

1. Orlando Uber Driver

Orlando Uber Driver
    Expand Collapse

I migrated here because uber people has gone to the dogs

2. DBuberGuy

DBuberGuy
    Expand Collapse

United States
    can you elaborate more

3. Orlando Uber Driver

Orlando Uber Driver
    Expand Collapse

they are all UBER bashers, and one said they will come here to "throw rocks"

UberPartnerDennis likes this.
  4. UL Driver SF

UL Driver SF
    Expand Collapse

United States
    They will be here soon enough. They talk about this place a bit. Get ready for some master level bitching.

5. DBuberGuy

DBuberGuy
    Expand Collapse

United States
    yeah i see waht you mean about uber.net, pretty ghey over there

6. Kelly

Kelly
    Expand Collapse

I just joined Uber a week ago, and have been investigating some situations I've come across to see if they're common occurrences. Well, today I thought would be a good day to join uber people so I can start contributing, but My IP has been banned from the page! Then I found them on Facebook and let them know what happened, so they could correct the error and I could join. Well, now they've blocked me from their Facebook page! I can only access their content when I'm not logged in on my browser.

It's a little disheartening when a small group of people are intent on distributing unprovoked, indiscriminate discrimination. I don't know these guys from Adam!

7. Orlando Uber Driver

Orlando Uber Driver
    Expand Collapse

They are taxi cab drivers that is why. It is a trojan horse

8. UberKurtDesMoines

UberKurtDesMoines
    Expand Collapse

I'm seeing a lot of taxis just sitting while I'm busy making money with Uber. They have to be really pissed at us.

I think the only reason some are still driving taxis is because their personal car is not good enough for Uber and they probably can't afford to get one.

I predict taxis won't exist in my city in a couple of years unless they change their business model, attitude and customer service.

I suppose they'll start throwing rocks at my van if they see the Uber logo in the windshield.

UberPartnerDennis likes this.
  9. UberPartnerDennis

UberPartnerDennis
    Expand Collapse

I had a taxi driver come over and start yelling at me for "stealing food off his families table" I calmly waited for him to finish then looked him square in the eye and told him to tell his boss to keep up with competition and change. He screamed as I drove off.

I have cab drivers mess with me on the road too.

The way I view it is poop or get off the pot Welcome to competition. .... something the cab companies are not used to

10. Desert Driver

Desert Driver
    Expand Collapse

United States
    How so?

Throckmorton Subterfuge and KGB7 like this.
  11. Desert Driver

Desert Driver
    Expand Collapse

United States
    I have yet to encounter an actual Uber-basher. But I do know a lot of really experienced drivers who understand how the system works. They tend to be incredible sources of information, especially for new and prospective drivers.

12. KGB7

KGB7
    Expand Collapse

If you cant take the heat, get out of the kitchen. Its one forum on the webs that full of honest information.

If it wasnt for that forum, i would still be giving 5 stars to worst PAX and handing out water bottles and mints on my dime.

I suggest you grow a thicker skin or find a job that caters to your feelings.

13. Desert Driver

Desert Driver
    Expand Collapse

United States
    But to be fair, there's a lot to be said for opting NOT to spend time with douchebags.

14. KGB7

KGB7
    Expand Collapse

You forget what planet we live on. Sooner then later, this forum will be filled with douchbags. Where are going to run then?

15. Desert Driver

Desert Driver
    Expand Collapse

United States
    Just curious, but how do you know what planet I live on?

16. Uber Downunder

Uber Downunder
    Expand Collapse

Australia
    UBERX has launched into a Monopoly Industry that throughout the world shares some interesting common ground.

Everyone has their Horror Taxi Trip story, Everyone knows its tough getting cabs at peak times. Bad customer service by Cabbies has provided UBER instant easy entry into their market. But you all need to remember that UBERX for the greater part, in most markets still is an illegal Taxi Service. Without the necessary costly permits, licenses & insurance that Taxis pay, UBERX is at a competitive advantage by avoiding statutory costs.

That advantage has been nullified to a greater extent by UBER's vicious rate cuts, and your natural restrictions of trade. Most of the UBERX drivers I've met take pride in their car, drive smoothly and are simply trying to make a few extra dollars because they are unemployed or underemployed. But not having street hails, private clients, and access to hotel driveway work is a huge disadvantage to UBERX drivers who work in a cashless, largely tipless environment. I'm sure that many have experienced cancellations from riders who even when they can see their driver close by, choose to grab a cruising Taxi rather than wait.

UBER does not want its UBERX drivers to be given permits that would allow them access to other pipelines of work - that would then take THEIR monopoly away from a workforce beholden to their APP, they would lose control with drivers building up relationships with regular riders who are happy to pay more and tip for a someone they feel comfortable with

@UberKurtDesMoines I dont think Taxis will be wiped out, because they have a broader market than UBERX drivers. Sure they will lose Market share, plates (Medallions) will be handed back, and numbers will fall. But the Taxi industry has a couple of advantages in that it does have bricks & mortar wealth, scale that UBER could only hope for and suburban distribution and coverage that UBER's "City Hotspot" mentality will never beat.

17. ulysses x. dryvver

ulysses x. dryvver
    Expand Collapse

Uber is effective and efficient as it is.
    http://www.
    Innovation is usually resisted - but always prevails.

18. Uber Downunder

Uber Downunder
    Expand Collapse

Australia
    Oh dear! Oh dear! Two posts and two identical copy and paste answers. clearly you were trained at the Uber school for CSR's.

How about gracing the forum with some of your own passenger transport experience. Tell us what you have learnt in all your years of operating within the personal transport industry.

Please don't just simply Push the corporate line that you have been paid to push. I accept that both the taxi and private hire car industry i've been lazy and slow to innovate. But does that give a private company the right to trash existing laws and put people at risk?

19. Desert Driver

Desert Driver
    Expand Collapse

United States
    Yeah...look how well that turned out for Betamax. Just sayin'.

20. Uber Downunder

Uber Downunder
    Expand Collapse

Australia
    Technically Betamax was the better data storage format. It just lost The marketing and sales war.

It was the first digital clock I had in my household and so it sat there for 10 years Unused apart from its clock.!

Draft saved Draft deleted