Welcome to the Uber Forum!

Welcome to one of the best resources on Transportation Network Companies (TNCs)! Uber Forum is an independent and unbiased resource to discuss Uber, Lyft, Postmates, Instacart, Favor, Deliv, DoorDash and more! Uber Forum has over 4,000+ members and 100,000+ posts! Please join the Uber Forum community by signing up today! Registration is FREE and will enable you to post messages. We can't wait to see you online! :)

Uber's Rebranding Reveals Everything That's Wrong With Uber

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Harry Flashman, Feb 3, 2016.

Uber Driver Promo Code | Lyft Driver Promo Code

1. Harry Flashman

Harry Flashman
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Australia
  2. ClevelandUberRider

ClevelandUberRider
    Expand Collapse

Lyft is the cooler brand to drive for and to ride in.

3. Milady de Winter

Milady de Winter
    Expand Collapse

Australia
    and you'd know wouldn't you, having never driven for either.

4. Harry Flashman

Harry Flashman
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Australia
    ignatius has probably done a survey on drivers and has some facts and figures

5. Lidman

Lidman
    Expand Collapse

He reminds me of "the flyingdingo" when he posted before he drove for uber. But at least thedingo gave it shot, and got back to us, and got a bitter taste of ubers true flavor.

6. Harry Flashman

Harry Flashman
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Australia
    oh remember denver diane?

7. ClevelandUberRider

ClevelandUberRider
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, I started driving yesterday. It was really bad. All I thought about Uber was wrong. Nothing I have read or learned before had prepared me well for TNC driving, it was really, really bad. No one should drive at those rates. I lost money. I drove five hours and made less than $25 in fares. After Uber's cut (commissions) for new drivers and my car expenses of 40 cents a mile, I ended up losing money. We drivers seriously need to be reclassified as W-2 employees. We need to organize a labor union to represent us and protect our interests. And we don't need no scabs either. We need to get our fellow drivers from the food delivery, package delivery, etc. to join us in the same umbrella unions. Workers of the world, unite! Under an unbrella union. For effective labor representation.

8. ClevelandUberRider

ClevelandUberRider
    Expand Collapse

I personally don't know nor have spoken to nor ever bumped into Diane Lane, but yes, I have been to Denver, Colorado a couple of times.

9. ClevelandUberRider

ClevelandUberRider
    Expand Collapse

Drivers do not like the rates. The fare rates are an insult to our intelligence and our sanity. We should not be forced down upon with these inhumane fare rates. Uber better raise their fare rates to where they were two years ago when the service were good and quality of cars were high. At least to fare rates from a year ago. Now, good drivers are quitting and quality of cars is dropping. Uber is bringing an end to itself, without drivers there is no Uber. Drivers are the most important assets to Uber, greedy and arrogant Travis should know that. The sooner Travis realizes that the sooner Uber can avoid going under.

10. ClevelandUberRider

ClevelandUberRider
    Expand Collapse

Just started driving yesterday. Very bad. You guys were and have been correct all this while. I cannot believe myself to be blinded by a Uber's propaganda and the free market business press I have been reading in my folks' basement and misled by the economic and business textbooks I borrowed from my cousins who are attending community colleges while driving for TNCs. They should know better, they were driving already. I just started driving yesterday, and man, it was bad. Hardly any surge. There were for like two minutes of 1.4X surge, I was in the middle of it, I got a ping from20 minutes away. I think Uber is playing with us new drivers. Uber thinks we don't read forums here. Maybe Uber executives think they are too smart, Ivy Keague and all, they think community college or high school grads can't read. But we TNC drivers know Travis' game plan. You can be in the middle of a surge, but nope, you don't get nothin'.

11. ClevelandUberRider

ClevelandUberRider
    Expand Collapse

Too bad. Surges are a way to lure unsuspecting new drivers to chase ipthem to drive into areas with insufficient drivers. But you won't get any when you arrive. Yesterday I didn't chase any surges. I stayed put to conserve gas. It happened that I was smack in the middle of a surge, a small one sure, but I got a ping from far away. What is the use of a surge if you are in the middle of it, you didn't drive to it even ,m you get a ping, yet you don't get the surge pricing? Surge is a sham. We drivers need to united under a labor union. We need to get Teamsters to come in and represent us. They are worth it.

12. ClevelandUberRider

ClevelandUberRider
    Expand Collapse

My driving experience has just confirmed the wisdom and shared experiences of yours and all drivers who have so generously shared their horror stories here. They are all true. If I have offended you with my inexperience and incorrect take of the TNC industry's realities before I now stand here to apologize to the entire hardworking men and women of the on-demand driving community which include our hardworking brothers and sisters in the food and package deliver driving business. I was wrong. You were right. I feel bad of having said on-demand driving could make some money. As you all have pointed out in your private convo with me, you were right. There is no way on-demand drivers can eke out a living. To say so, now I realize just from one day of driving, is an insult to our intelligence, sanity, and emotions,

13. ClevelandUberRider

ClevelandUberRider
    Expand Collapse

To effectively protect and represent our brothers and sisters and comrades in arms to fight for our drivers' interests and rights and working conditions we need to enlist the help of the Teamsters. More than one million on-demand drivers throughout the U.S. Should easily benefit by organizing under the Teamster's umbrella. Teamster's have been very effective and organized in getting the benefits for its members. Truck drivers, Hollywood labor hands, all have benefitted from Teamster's' representation. It is time for Teamster's to represent drivers of Uber, Lyft, Amazon Flex, Postmates, and all and any other on-demand drivers.

Draft saved Draft deleted