Welcome to the Uber Forum!

Welcome to one of the best resources on Transportation Network Companies (TNCs)! Uber Forum is an independent and unbiased resource to discuss Uber, Lyft, Postmates, Instacart, Favor, Deliv, DoorDash and more! Uber Forum has over 4,000+ members and 100,000+ posts! Please join the Uber Forum community by signing up today! Registration is FREE and will enable you to post messages. We can't wait to see you online! :)

Use rental cars with Uber?

Discussion in 'Uber Drivers Forum' started by Ivy, Feb 1, 2015.

Uber Driver Promo Code | Lyft Driver Promo Code

1. Ivy

Ivy
    Expand Collapse

Does uber allow drivers to use a a car rental while their car is in the shop?? Need help! Please, thanks!!

2. UberKurtDesMoines

UberKurtDesMoines
    Expand Collapse

I actually proposed this idea to Uber and haven't heard back. Insurance companies should offer the option to either get $40 a day (or whatever they allow) for a rental car, OR get the same amount in Uber credit.

I believe many people only need a ride to and from work and Uber is a much better option for them. No hassles of getting/returning the rental, don't have to return rental with full gas tank, don't have to pay to park, etc.

I live in Des Moines, Iowa - the second largest home to insurance companies after Hartford, Conn. We have corporate offices for Wells Fargo, Nationwide, Principal Financial, EMC, etc.

I've mentioned this idea to several of my friends who have management positions in these companies and they think it is a great idea.

Draft saved Draft deleted